•  
Advertise here

Desert / Mountain drive and overnight camping - 21 - 22 April 2017

As the season is just starting to sizzle and the summer seems to be setting in, but we are still blessed with cooler evenings and comfortable nights. We have already done so much, so how we can even better this experience? We have a few people working on Friday's, so how we can make it possible for all to come and enjoy? I hope that through this trip we are able to tickle everyone fancy and the Isra Wal Miraj holiday on Sunday, 23 April will definitely help.

So it's going to be:-

• Desert dune bashing drive - CHECK
  • Challenging mountain climb - CHECK
  • Overnight camping on top of mountain - CHECK
  • BBQ, special food, shisha, drinks and laughter - CHECK
  • Astro / Night photography (Moon Phase: Waning crescent - 30%) - CHECK
  • Saturday early morning dune bashing - May be

The plan is to meet everyone interested in the desert drive at the first Adnoc Petrol Station on Maliha Road, entering Mahafiz and do some awesome dunes to cross over on Fossil Rocks and reach to the second Adnoc Petrol Station where @Gaurav will be waiting with those who want to do the mountain climb and overnight camping only.

Both groups will then head to the Tawi Khatimah Mountain where we will deflate to make our way to the mountain top where we can set up camp and relax with chat, food, drinks and shisha. Amazing photo opportunity awaits for all of us at night and sun rise to show off with our families and friends and then we can head down to do little desert trip if any one desires. We can have some play time on Faya area and then head out and still have a full day rest on Sunday for Isra Wal Miraj.

fossil rock.jpg

Friday evening drive:

Date: 21 April, 2017

First Meeting point for dune bashing: First Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road (https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72)

Meeting time: 2:15 PM - Leaving sharp at 2:30 PM

Second Meeting point for mountain camping: Second Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road (https://goo.gl/maps/BVMiuyvZCe62)

Meeting time: 4:45 PM - Leaving sharp at 5 PM

Vehicle: Only 4x4 with good ground clearance without any body kit

Basic recovery equipment such as 2 way radio, flag and air compressor are very important and carry lots of water and something for BBQ, snacks, dinner and breakfast enough for yourselves and a little extra to share with all.

Absolute compulsory to bring your stories, sense of humor and willingness to learn and follow instructions during the drive.

First Batch: 2:15 PM

1. Rahimdad - 050 674 9099
  2. Habeeb - 0569761559
  3. Srikumar - 055 9567471
  4. Basel - 050 1090183
  5. Asif Hussain -  050 699 0411
  6. Gaurav - 050 5258706

Second Batch: 4:45 PM

1. Rahimdad - 050 674 9099
  2. Gaurav - 050 5258706

Exact Terrain:

Not a single signup guys in last 7 days......!

Is route is so scary.....? or everyone got busy at same time ;-)

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Seems the options are confusing.

Let's make it simple, when signing up just mention if you would like to do the desert run only, the over night camping only, or both sections. 2 days to go.

Hey Gang,

I`m thinking of joining for the dune bashing - But I have not done dessert work with you guys before and do not have radio etc - is that a problem?

I`d like to do the mountain run too but thing the wife has plans for me lol

Habeeb

Edited by habeebafett
  • Like (+1) 1

Hi @habeebafett sounds good, I have an extra radio so that should be fine. The only thing is I have not driven with you in the desert also. Lets wait and see if someone with experience joins in and we can go ahead with the desert section. Regardless of participation we are going to go ahead with the session 2 which is the mountain climb and overnight camping. If any member joins who has done a couple of drives with us than I will be more comfortable. You have driven in the sand before? What is your comfort level driving in the sands? How many desert drives have you done?

busy rush week, but I have time to sign up for tomorrow desert trip( no mountain drive :-D ), by way the Good Morning Gents and  where is every one, where is the enthusiast :((

so what is the plan for tomorrow ?

Edited by baselsm83