•  
Advertise here

Nissan Sunny B15 Acceleration problem

4 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Aumio as per my experience I had similar issue of my LR Discovery loosing power when operating at optimum operating temperature. However switch it off for 30 minutes and start it up with cooler engine and it used to be fine. This problem also occurred when my petrol tank was half or less than half. The solution as it turned out was simple, the fuel pump for my Disco had gone bad. Try checking the fuel pump, that might solve your problem.

@Rahimdad Thanks a lot for your insight. It helps.

However, My car have both Fuel and CNG. This happened for both.

Do you still think it's due to the Fuel Tank?

Also, I heard from a folk (A car garage owner, I'm not sure if he's a car genius or not) this is a common issue of Nissan cars.

And don't have any permanent solution.

What do you think since you seem to drive a Nissan car?

@Aumio If your car is running on Petrol and CNG than I am not in a good position to advise as I am not too familiar with that setup. I am having a Nissan Pathfinder R50 which is a 2001 model and is running without any issues. There was some race being lost when brakes were applied that it would almost stall, but that was due to timing going off when I replaced all the hose for the air intake. Once timing was set I did not face that problem again. You might want to check the fuel lines and hoses for the CNG to make sure there are no blockages.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Aumio If your car is running on Petrol and CNG than I am not in a good position to advise as I am not too familiar with that setup. I am having a Nissan Pathfinder R50 which is a 2001 model and is running without any issues. There was some race being lost when brakes were applied that it would almost stall, but that was due to timing going off when I replaced all the hose for the air intake. Once timing was set I did not face that problem again. You might want to check the fuel lines and hoses for the CNG to make sure there are no blockages.

Thank You. 

I'll check them.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

The acceleration problem is gone now.

It's running real quick now. 

Both in Oil and CNG.

The car was sitting idle for 3 years. May be that was the issue with that.

It's running regularly now. This might have fixed that, I don't know.

What do you think? 

But I got another problem.

The engine shuts down intermittently. I can not tell when and how it happens. 

It does very rarely though. 

Can you guys shed some light what I should check about that?

@Rahimdad

@amid

@ethan

@harryd

Apology for tagging you if it disturbs you in anyways.

Thank You

Well if car was sitting idle for 3 years, then all this you are going through is quite justified for few hundred kms if not 1k+. My strongest recommendation is to change this engine oil asap and also next oil change and oil filter do it within less than 1000 kms so that engine internal component get the required protection from shaving or corroded micro particles.

Also worth looking in changing all lubes slowly and make a track of all as a new start - coolant, brake oil, power steering fluid, gear oil, differential oil etc.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Did you happen to refuel it?

When petrol sits for a long period of time it loses its potency. I've had cars that sat in a shed for 4-5 years that wouldn't start. Added fresh petrol and they went like new. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks a lot @Gaurav

I've driven it more than 100kms by now. 

It's been 2 months I bought(used) it actually. 

I changed the oil filter after couple of days of purchase.

Still, some oil left in the bottle. 

"Also worth looking in changing all lubes slowly and make a track of all as a new start - coolant, brake oil, power steering fluid, gear oil, differential oil etc."

Changed brake oil (installed new brake pad and shoe), used water instead of coolant (might this be an issue? ), didn't change steering oil(will do) . 

Didn't change gear or other oils. 

I'll do. 

Thanks a lot man. It helps.

Thanks @Barry

I refueled it. But didn't fill up the tank entirely or close to that.

Should I try that?

Sunny's lately have drive by wire system and usually its either the accelerator paddle or the throttle body and dearly there is a relay for the throttle body that gets shot it would be better to get the vehicle scanned for DTCs that way you can tackle the problem very easily and remember after this work you have to get it calibrated so the rpms stay stable.....

• Like (+1) 2

• 11 months later...

Changing the air filter won't cause it.

Unless you disturbed something in the process.

Have a look around to see if you have knocked a pipe or wire off or something has become loose.