•  
Advertise here

HONDA ACCORD RAPID TURN

Guyz, I'm driving Accord from last 6 years, i got some small small issues but i fixed it in time, thats actually the requirement of any vehicle that you driving. 
If you make a rapid turn specially in Accord then don't press sudden breaks, just release the accelerator otherwise if you hit breaks then its a chance that your Accord may skird and loose control in no time.

• Like (+1) 1

Basic physics. If you brake harshly mid turn, you'll upset the balance of the car shifting the weight to the front and causing the back to slide. This can also happen if you're committed to a corner at speed and suddenly lift off the accelerator in a phenomenon known as lift off oversteer. 

Modern ABS and ESP systems can help with these problems but personally, I think they cause as many problems as they solve. People don't learn to drive properly, they rely on the car to balance itself out and push way beyond their limits. Put drivers like this in an old car with no aids and they will spin out on the first lap of a track.

The correct way is to brake before you reach the corner, turn in, hit the apex and mash the accelerator as soon as you see your exit point. 

Lift off oversteer in a FWD car is fun when you get the hang of it and you can sometimes put the RWD guys to shame.

• Like (+1) 1