•  
Advertise here

modified x pattern?

Every 5000 kms, you should rotate straight mean: both front goes back and both rear goes to front in same side.

Every 10000 kms, your should rotate cross means: both front goes back in same side but both rear goes to front in opposite side of where they were installed in the back. Means rear left will go to front right, and rear right will go to front left.

Thanks abu for the information ... very easy to understand. So I should wait to hit 5000 kms to have my tires rotated this way? Do the mechanics over here even know about this procedure. Sorry if I come across as very naive but I really have never been a part of rotating my tires on any of my other cars... but I am being highly cautious with my new Cadillac CTS-V coupe.

• 4 months later...

Modified X pattern is the rotation of your tyres when you give it for servicing. At first, the rotation is exactly straight. Front tyres are changed to rear tyres in the same position. Next time, They change their position from front to rear as well as the sides. The right front Tyre goes to left rear tyre respectively. I hope the information is sufficient! :)8-)8-);)8-)