•  
Advertise here

How to disengage airbag / seat belt pre-tensioners in 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee??

Good to have you back @jason200. Your name has been added to the main list. Just remind us before the drive, it is a fuse for ABS and SRS Airbag which @Barry had recommended to remove before the drive. Just know where all your fuses are located as finding your battery was a challenge. Right under the front passenger seat.

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

Good to have you back @jason200. Your name has been added to the main list. Just remind us before the drive, it is a fuse for ABS and SRS Airbag which @Barry had recommended to remove before the drive. Just know where all your fuses are located as finding your battery was a challenge. Right under the front passenger seat.

I don't think it will be as easy as just a fuse knowing Jeep and all the electronics in the Grand Cherokee ! If I take the fuse out maybe they will go off when I put it back in or the air bag light might stay on to show I have been tampering... 

Does anyone know a Mechanic in the Jeep garage who would know this ? 

If not I will leave them on and just take it at newbie level. Looks like a need another desert only vehicle !! 

I have had a Jeep Commander 5.7 Hemi and I know the hassles of having 26 computers all at you at once. But it is safe to remove and than put back the ABS and SRS fuse. If there is any error, I know how to reset that as well without you having to take it back to the Agency to give you some crap. I would recommend you get a off-road only car with less gadgets and more fun. But for the moment it is better to be safe than sorry. As we saw last time the slightest of bumps can cause the car to get upset.

@Barry and @shadow79 please help Jason, if you can.

Jason: Have you checked with dealer as how to deal with this issue, as Jeep can't be made for road use only....!

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It really is as simple as just pulling the fuse out. The owners manual will tell you which one or there might be a diagram inside the fuse box lid. When you put it back in and restart the car the warning light should cycle as normal then go out. If it doesn't it's just a matter of disconnecting the positive battery lead and touching it to the negative battery terminal to reset. There will be a fault code stored in the ecu but don't worry, it's just a stored history code and won't affect anything. Just remember this incase you go to a garage and the mechanic tells you there is a fault and tries to rip you off with an unnecessary repair. 

• Like (+1) 1

well i might be a last minute addition but if i am there then i'll get the diagnosis machine with to reset those codes but what barry has recommended is the sure way to go....

• Like (+1) 1

jason there are always backup and counter backup circuits for safety systems and nanny systems in cars but you can always disable them and shh no one will know about it too when you place back those fuses and perform reset steps....

• Like (+1) 1