•  
Advertise here

Carbon cleaning chemicals at Gas Stations recommended?

I am a mechanic. My honest opinion is that these cleaning additives don't work. I know because I had a tie up with an oil company and gave some customers free samples to try. Nothing changed anything.

As a mechanic, I've rarely seen injectiors giving trouble. When they do, the only solution is to take them out and either clean them manually or do ultrasonic cleaning. 

Dont believe the hype. If the fuel being supplied was so bad that all the cars were breaking down, we'd be in a constant traffic jam. 

• Like (+1) 2

@Barry good point and a good question raised by @evoboy2016. I have used it a couple of times and felt that it just makes the engine run a little bit smoother, or it could just be in a mental satisfaction in my head.

3 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

@Barry good point and a good question raised by @evoboy2016. I have used it a couple of times and felt that it just makes the engine run a little bit smoother, or it could just be in a mental satisfaction in my head.

More than anything, I feel sorry for the gas station staff who tries to sell these cleaners in the desert heat, so wanted to know about this.

5 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

It is indeed mental satisfaction, as I have felt the same when many many years ago I tried few times in my Range and felt nothing. Then through 100's of forum and thousand's of user experience I realize it's called snake oil in Internet slang.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bottled-magic-or-snake-oil-the-truth-about-118805206027.html

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Well not all are bad, some shows improvement on fuel mileage if you are keeping a track of your fill ups and very easily pay off the price of the bottle by itself.