•  
Advertise here

@shadow79 you are more than welcome anytime, just make sure you have a spare tire just in case and let us know if you are getting delayed to reach the meeting point, don't want to leave you behind.

So how did the first Ramadan drive go. Well cool breeze, warmth of like minded friends, easy on the drivers and their vehicles, everything turned out very close to plan. It was just funtastic. Yes you got that right, Fun tastic.

We started a bit late due to unavoidable circumstaces, but who was in a hurry. We moved to the deflation point and after a short driver briefing we were off to the top of Fossil Rocks on some slippery, sliding technical dunes with rocks in between. There were some moderate climbs with some sudden dips. Than we were greeted with some rocky terrain which everybody managed so very well. From the top we all knew the only way was down. Once down we had some very fun fast and smooth dunes to the back side of Faya. A little tough bit to get around and we were on the front face of Faya.

Quickly we laid the spread for our Suhoor and Shukar Alhamdolillah we did not fall short. The Barakat of Ramadan. We all had different types of food from different countries and cultures. It was very lovely to have our Suhoor together. We had our last cigarettes and soon the table was packed and we were off to trying to climb Faya on the front face.

First up was Basel with his reliable monster the Nissan Patrol. Gaurav Bhai was not far behind with his trusted beast as he unleashed his Mitsubishi Pajero. Only 2 cars didn't quite make it up, the Rav4 and my Pathy. So I cleared my passenger seat for Saleem and took my usual cheat route to the top. As we reached the top the sun started to make its way up to our side, an indication that the heat was about to be turned on.

We sat there and enjoyed the last few minutes of the cool and the beauty of the dawn. Gaurav Bhai was still edging for that little extra as my story of rescuing a Nissan Patrol came to a conclusion. This prompted him to get into the bowl where we once rescued the Nissan Patrol. He played in the bowl for a good 5 minutes before the shine of satisfaction sparkled in his eyes. Just than the sun started to peak through the mountains and we were off down, inflating and in for a surprise just before heading home.

As we inflated Basel presented Gaurav Bhai and me with the most awesome Zippo lighters with our names engraved on them as Marshals. Thanks @baselsm83 for the wonderful gift. It made this trip the most memorable one ever. Thanks @Shadow79 for keeping up with the Rav4 against all odds. Until next time, this is Superman signing off. Take care.

• Like (+1) 1

Indeed it was fun driving in night and getting through with all challenges of stucks, refusals, pop-out, deflation and inflation at certain hill climbs was even more fun. I am loving the night drive more now as night breeze is very cool and refreshing as we go up on the dunes.

Suhoor spread was also amazing with so many different options, but time didn't allow us to finish all and few went back home in same packing. 

Many thanks to Basel for wonderful souvenir as a mark of respect and love we share with each other. Although I didn't find any good reason for accepting it, but when I found my name engrave on it so couldn't say no (I'm honest).

Here are the pictures from my camera, others please upload yours in same album: 
https://carnity.com/gallery/category/20-the-first-drive-for-ramadan-26-may-2017/

zippo.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Here is the video guys:

Hey I can't see the video. I posted the pic of the gift I got from Basel after the drive. Technically it's part of the drive and I posted a pic. How come I cannot see the video.

Hahahah seriously.....! Zippo pic taken at home not on drive sirji.

I am sure you will be able to watch next video now ;-)

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.