UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

On 5/22/2017 at 6:00 AM, Rahimdad said:

I just bought myself a Viking rope with soft shackles. It's true that a Viking rope is a very essential tool for recovery, but in some cases you need a strap also. I will buy one before the next trip so that we are ready for anything.

A Viking rope would have done a lot of good on last drive unfortunately we didn't have one. Now we do.😎

The soft shackle is also very good tool to have to suit all recovery points as it very slim and strong at the same time. Also in case any recovery point fails like explained during the last training it will not cause any harm unlike the metal or steal shackles.

I got it from someone I know for much cheaper than market price. Anybody interested can pm me. This was the last set though, he will get new sets next month. If you want to save some cash it will be worth it.

20170521_230236.jpg

hi - i want to get soft shackles. Any idea where i can get it for reasonable price?

• Like 1

Soft shackles individually can cast you about AED 150/- per piece. I have a friend who sells the Viking rope with soft shackles, gloves and bag all for AED 350/-. Let me know if you want, I can arrange for you on the next drive.

• Like 1

thanks for the reply, 150 is pretty much the standard market price for the AOR models, even in ACE, souq etc. I am looking for something a bit cheaper. I wont need the entire set though, as i have a kinetic rope already, so will only need the soft shackles, preferably a pair like in your picture. Do let me know if you have any other source who sells it for cheap. I know a guy who is selling a pair for 120 but then again i have heard reviews whereby people used it and it snapped in the first recovery attempt :(

• Like 1

I don't know any reliable sources selling soft shackles cheaper. Sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

Soft shackles individually can cast you about AED 150/- per piece. I have a friend who sells the Viking rope with soft shackles, gloves and bag all for AED 350/-. Let me know if you want, I can arrange for you on the next drive.

That's actually a pretty good deal. 

• Thanks 1

This is how I use a safety rope or rope assist on a harder tug that is more prone to breaking any tow points.

I was recovering @AKR Jeep from the front when it was 80% back heavy because his jeep doesn't have any tow hook on the back. Too bad.

Hope he gets proper rated tow point at back before his next drive now, as the risk of damaging the tow point or even chassis is very high while doing such harder tugs against the gravity.

20190426_084245.jpg

20190426_084233.jpg

• Like 6
  • WOW 1
  • Well Done 2

Hi,

I am interested in buying the rope too. Please let me know costs etc.

• Like 1

Let me know when you'll be joining us for a drive, I can get it for you. Cost will be AED 350/- for the full set.

• Like 1

Thank you. Will confirm. Look forward to meeting up on a drive. 

• Like 1

Hi..could you help me .. I am unable to view posts etc as a pop up to upgrade to activate membership keeps popping up..

• Haha 1