•  
Advertise here

Why are there blind spots in car wing mirrors

Oh I get it Barry. I'm looking for a Patrol, but a few I've seen here are not in the best of shape, driven too many kilometers and people asking too high a price. On told summer months brings prices down a bit, so waiting for my opportunity.

@Barry Hahahaha, The Rambo's Lambo.

@Jaan Rambo It works, i tried it out yesterday and I am not sure if it completely eradicates the blind spots, but it helps to a huge extent. 

Hi All,

Good evening !

@Jaan Rambo many thanks for the tip it works for me , but it was funny for my son who saw me adjusting the ORVM today morning and he had a great laugh ......

Drive / Ride safe !

Slick72

I have adjusted this yesterday and it did showed me almost the whole blind spot. Now I also understood that why in my Pajero I have so big side view mirrors. By the time car finish 80% appearing on my side view and then I can see the car front from my side eyes means there is good gap of 20% overlap that can help driver almost kill that blind spot if mirrors are adjusted properly.

Great thread Rahim bhai and nice answer Jaan rambo to help everyone drive safely.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I duuno Ive never had this issue with blind spots. A couple of years back coming back in traffic just to kill time I started to see how big or if I had a blind spot. I could pretty much see cars on either side. I can say I pretty much say I have 360degree vision. Ive always setup the mirrors from the driving position. The middle one is setup to cover the entire rear window. The sides are set up that I can just see my barely see my car on the edges of my inner side. Although this problem became evident when I moved to a L322 Range Rover which has flat driver side mirror rather than concave one. But fortunately they also sell a concave side mirror as well. I believe flat aide mirrors are standard in the US and thus a bigger blind spot issue and the sticking your head to the window method is to address that..