UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Gaurav

New Rule: Sharing drive pictures is mandatory

Although I hate such kiddish rules in community but sometime we are helpless. I have been noticing that drive picture sharing has been consistently dropping every week and hence I like to announce this new rule.

All drive videos will be "private" from now on and access will be only given to those who share their pictures in drive album.

Sir this is quite a strange rule?What if someone didnt take pics? You know Ive spent a great deal of my life in the desert and gone on dozen or so drives maybe more with you, but I must not have more than 20-30pics for the entire time period. Im sure you have more pics of me in drives than I do. Not everyone is a shutterbug and as you know very well from past experiences. You cannot force anyone to do anything. :)

• Like 1

You are right we cannot force anyone to do anything, it's something they should be doing it if they like to watch their drive video.

We are not forcing anyone to stop joining the drive or pay for the drive or making some "fines" like we have seen before. It's the contribution that we are asking for every community member to pitch in with whatever they can. Be it nokia clicked or iPhone clicked pics or SLR quality - use anything but contribute. Secondly there is no restriction on number whether you share 10 pics or just 1 pic - so do whatever you can. If you are busy during the drive then click few in beginning or at end of the drive while inflating tires. It's the culture of "Sharing" that we like to develop since 2010 with Carnity and this is in-line with same. Period.

If you are not a shutterbug, then why bother watching the video even: Come drive and go.

Last but not least, these videos become so popular and entertaining that fetches thousand's of views that means drive participants are liking these and sharing with their friends and family. So if you like to go to Abu Dhabi from Dubai, then you have to fill up your car fuel tank. You just can't say to fuel attended, that put the fuel in but I don't like to pay. Bottom line, members clicked pics and video make the drive video look better by showing 360 coverage than view from one car only.

It's truly sad that we have to shout out so much for people to contribute, when they can spend 6 hours for a drive but can't spend 6 mins to share the pics and videos.

What about people like me who contribute to the forum regularly but rarely go on drives? I would still like to be able to see the pictures and videos sometimes. 

Well if you are part of the drive, then same rule applies. If not special access can be provided on request for anyone.

Contributions in a community is mandatory. We all love the contributions made by others, than we should also understand that any contributions made from our side will be appreciated. Community means being part of a group of like minded people who share. If some one in the group is not sharing than it defeats the purpose of the community. The step taken by @Gaurav bhai is just to spread the understanding of a community and start everyone on a positive note.