•  
Advertise here

Chip tuning in Dubai

This is a rolling road in the video below. It's basically a set of rollers set into the floor which enable you to drive the vehicle without going anywhere. They can be equipped with sensors to measure horsepower, braking force and imbalance etc. It also gives you the ability to hook the car up to computers and make adjustments while driving without having to watch where you're going. You can also run the car up to full speed without getting arrested for speeding. 

So I went for the drive on Friday. The tuning didn't really make much of a difference, but installing a kill switch to turn off traction control completely changed the driving experience. The car seemed much more powerful. 

My recommendation is if you're looking to tune just for offroading (keeping everything else stock), it's not worth it. Just drive on manual and get a kill switch installed.

On 5/30/2017 at 3:24 PM, SilverSurfer said:

I'm desperately looking out for a solution to my A/T oil overheating issue before I go back in to the desert. I'll let you know about the tuning if I'm able to get this done in time for Friday's drive.

Hope this helps

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 6/4/2017 at 11:36 PM, Gaurav said:

Hope this helps

Hi Gaurav, thanks for the suggestion. I reverted to driving in manual mode and didn't have any overheating issues during the drive. If it pops up again sometime, I'll probably get an OEM fan installed from Habtoor so it doesn't mess with the warranty. 

9 minutes ago, SilverSurfer said:

Hi Gaurav, thanks for the suggestion. I reverted to driving in manual mode and didn't have any overheating issues during the drive. If it pops up again sometime, I'll probably get an OEM fan installed from Habtoor so it doesn't mess with the warranty. 

Great good luck then, but do keep a constant eyes while off-roading as Pajero heating is always on borderline and with slight bump in heat AT gets heated up quickly.

Btw, habtoor won't fix that as they won't have this available as AT cooler fan never comes here. So you always need to do some work around solution to find and fit other car model fan. I doubt that by taking extra precaution you can void the warranty but you will extend your gearbox life, still worth discussing with dealer and get it in writing that they won't void the warranty before you go this route.

Back to original topic now, have you feel any major difference on-road driving after chip tuning? Have you done before and after 0-100 by yourself? Have you record before and after fuel consumption?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Why not fit a fan that is easily removable? When you have to go to the stealer, remove it, then fit it back when the car is out again. Wouldn't be too hard to engineer a solution. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Great good luck then, but do keep a constant eyes while off-roading as Pajero heating is always on borderline and with slight bump in heat AT gets heated up quickly.

Btw, habtoor won't fix that as they won't have this available as AT cooler fan never comes here. So you always need to do some work around solution to find and fit other car model fan. I doubt that by taking extra precaution you can void the warranty but you will extend your gearbox life, still worth discussing with dealer and get it in writing that they won't void the warranty before you go this route.

Back to original topic now, have you feel any major difference on-road driving after chip tuning? Have you done before and after 0-100 by yourself? Have you record before and after fuel consumption?

I have '14 3.8 LWB and it already has a transmission oil cooler fitted behind the front grill, which is why I didn't get another external cooler fitted. For the fan, I was told by one of the service managers at Habtoor that they can fit a fan in front of it. It's the same fan that is fitted on the driver's side behind the grill so side is not an issue. It costs around 9 times more than the solution you posted ,but apparently that's mostly the cost of the OEM part. 

I guess it comes down to the driving style. I'm only using 1st and 2nd gear in manual so the gear shifts are not as often as they would be in "D". 

I've not done a 0-100 by myself before or after, but the difference on road is noticeable. My drive last Friday  was my 1st drive with a combination of upgraded suspension, kill switch, and tuning. Overall the power delivery has improved tremendously but I'm not sure how much of it I can attribute to just the tuning.  

Pajero's after 2007 are known to have an upshift issue when you're climbing big dunes or pushing the rpm's even when driven in manual mode. The advantage with tuning is it takes care of this problem.  

Tuning was never about the fuel consumption for me. This car is 80% for offroad use so the tank never really reaches empty to compare the fuel economy. 

10 hours ago, Barry said:

Why not fit a fan that is easily removable? When you have to go to the stealer, remove it, then fit it back when the car is out again. Wouldn't be too hard to engineer a solution. 

This is an interesting option. I'm  sure it will be equally effective and a cheaper one as well. I'll probably stop by the workshop to talk about it sometime this week. 

• Like (+1) 1