• Β 
Advertise here

Hawx what's your build skinny or heavy weight.can you push and get dirty ugly and sandy with me then you can join me with all the pleasure and Welcome's...πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Please check with Rahim bhai or with Shadow (Saleem)

Welcome Ahmed, for your first drive with us. Do share little about yourΒ off-road experience and RSVP the calendar please.

Good to see back after gladiator fighting. RSVP the calendar please.

Thank, @Gaurav. I have been toΒ beginner's drives only twice.Β 

8 hours ago, shadow79 said:

Hawx what's your build skinny or heavy weight.can you push and get dirty ugly and sandy with me then you can join me with all the pleasure and Welcome's...πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

haha.. wish i could.. but had to go with friends tomorrow.. hopefully fromΒ next week I'll be ready lol

It was indeed once in a year opportunity to witness thousand's of fellow offroadersΒ in UAE in one single place, was the main highlight of this drive. We started drive on time, and as decided we quickly covered the first 10 kms on the track next to the fence. Then we had a quick brief for the slightly challenging drive ahead and even more challenging last couple of hundred meters next to Iftar bowl due to too much traffic and cross tracks. We managed to reached almost next to Iftar bowl and then detour for easier route to circle the bowl from the other side so that all the cars can make it next to the main area. After little struggle and few refusals we made it to the Iftar bowl where we witnessed more than 10-15 off-road clubs join together with several hundreds of their member and cordoned the area for their cars.

After little search, we find theΒ sweet spot right in front of Iftar bowl towards little right and spread the Iftar food and setup the live cooking station. Rahimdad and family were really prepared with tons of food,Β dessert, tea and snacks that helped all of us in first and second seating. As the time came to break the fast, we all sat togetherΒ and ate almost anything available on the table till the point that everyone was so stuff that no one was able to move an inch from their position. With so many different cuisines and style of food, we still end this seating with yummy live tea that energized everyone and gave us the much needed kick to get started for Iftar bowl long hill climb. Although by now Iftar bowl hill climb was as busy as Dubai-Sharjah traffic but still plenty of people kept trying to climb from the front face.

As we were enjoying the tea, someone place 4 rounds of nice fireworks on top of Iftar bowl that everyone enjoyed at the end of Iftar. Now it's time to go on top of Iftar bowl and after few attempt 4 of ourΒ cars made to the top of Iftar bowl and we enjoyed the awesome view and breeze. While coming down we heard that Rav4 hit the nose down on sharp crest and broken it's radiator from two sides. We moved half of our cars to support Saleem and and other half packed up the Iftar spread and joined all of us next to Saleem's car. We spend almost 3-4 hours there and opened the second round of eating at 11 PM and by grace of god, we still had enough food for all. After couple of round of M-Seal application, Saleem managed to fix the Rav4 and tested its leak in desert to be perfectly fine and holding the radiator pressure as it supposed to.

Finally closer to the midnight, we all exited safely and inflated all our cars at adnoc near madam round about. Now is the time for the best driver prize based on all drivers vote. Although it was a close call of 2 votes for Ahmed and Basel, but in end Rahimdad break that tie by voting for Basel as a best driver to hold the second lead position with great respect and command. Overall it was fun filled drive, ended with a Rav4 fixing challenge for the second time in a row tells that AWD cars with low clearance and weaker tow hook should look out for simpler newbie level drive than an Intermediate level to avoid extra toll.Β 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I was not a part of this drive because of someΒ unavoidable circumstances. But @GauravΒ reporting made me feel my presence at iftar bowl..

Rav4 @SaleemΒ you should make some serious modification to your little beast πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

When i saw that hollow space under the bumper exposing the condenser and radiator I had it in back of my mind that something is bound to happen if something hit it there and 2 days later the nose dive gave it what it needed you seeΒ :-D rav4 is a urban runner so many drives with a stock one is building my confidence as this is not my daily driver and Β driving awd vs a 4x4 is very different you don't have lows and highs here it has its own tricksπŸ˜€ which I m experiencing all this while and while being on this particular drive I saw many people attempted to reach the top of iftar bowl in those 3 to 5 hours I saw 5 successful attempts 1 was gaurav Bhai whose car is stock and 3 were from a strocker Nissan coupe and 1 from station capsule as all others usually came from left and right and rav4 climbing to the top from the side gives it a star πŸ˜€πŸ˜from me and Β I saw many ideas floating around and I have something on my mind not all together but slowly slowly I m gonna make some custom modifications πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜ and above all thanks Rahim Bhai and shri bhai and gaurav bhai for that lovely and filling yummy food and everybody for having patience and bearing with me....

Edited by shadow79
More information
  • Like (+1) 1

I had been on drives before with another 2 Clubs but had the most enjoyable one with Carnity members last Friday. Thanks to all members, it didn't feel like it was my first drive with Carnity.Β 

As posted by Gaurav, the Iftar Drive was really once in a year opportunity. Hundreds of cars gathering in the desert was quite a sight. With good food and super company, the drive was fun. Thanks to Gaurav for the driving tips and for leading us, to Rahim Bhai for the food and to Saleem for keeping us entertained.

• Like (+1) 3

So it was time for the Grand Iftar. It is such a treat to see so many off-road enthusiasts gathering in 1 spot to celebrate the opening of the fast. For me it's never been about the destination, but all about the journey, it's not about where I can reach, but about where we go as a team. Thanks to @GauravΒ Bhai for a wonderful lead and congratulations to all who were able to follow.

Upon arrival the love cooking station was soon setup and I would like to thanks my wife and her sister for keeping ready so much food and specially the tea. Thanks to everybody else for their contributions as we discovered we had to have a second serving. As we broke fast together and refreshed ourselves with the tea we were off to the top. Gaurav Bhai was the first one up, as I was on the climb I heard the Rav4 had made it to the top. I was glad to reach the top to be greeted by the aight of the Rav4 on top.

This joy was short lived as the next thing we saw was Saleem walking towards us and we had the Rav4 with the radiator taking a hit in 2 places. Everything till then was as planned. Thanks to the extra food from all to be able to fill in again while the M-Seal did it's trick.

Around mid night we headed out and inflated at the closest Adnoc pump. The prize was well deserved by both Ahmed and Basel, but Basel took the honors. Thank you all for every contribution which made this drive so memorable.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Wajahat said:

I had been on drives before with another 2 Clubs but had the most enjoyable one with Carnity members last Friday. Thanks to all members, it didn't feel like it was my first drive with Carnity.Β 

As posted by Gaurav, the Iftar Drive was really once in a year opportunity. Hundreds of cars gathering in the desert was quite a sight. With good food and super company, the drive was fun. Thanks to Gaurav for the driving tips and for leading us, to Rahim Bhai for the food and to Saleem for keeping us entertained.

It was nice meeting and driving with you too, and you responded very well in such a tricky area. Looking forward to seeing you more often.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.