•  
Advertise here

Locking doors while car is Idle

HI,

Guys, I would like to know if there's any option for Prado series 150 to be locked from outside being in idle mode. I sometimes have to lock the car while my family is waiting inside for safety concerns.

I saw my friend locking his FORD EDGE using the numeric pad usually found on FORD.

I am missing similar feature in Prado........... :-(

• Like (+1) 1

Two options I can think of. Use a remote start kit that allows the car to start and run without a key. You can control it through an app on your phone. Deactivate the occupancy sensors so it will still run with someone in the car. The other option is leave the key in the ignition and use the spare key to lock the door.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't mean keyless start, I mean remote start. You install a box in the car and you can start it from an app on your phone. It's used so you can start your car and have the ac cool the interior before you get to it. Google it, there are a few suppliers in UAE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Remote car starter is the thing what Barry is suggesting. 

While looking for one, look for the one that comes with knocking option on the windscreen. I have seen this lately in Russia, that windscreen will have small circle saying knock-knock and when driver is away and car is parked and someone knock on that sticker it will beep the keychain that driver carries means someone want to reach you. Simply brilliant.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.