•  
Advertise here

Area 53 to Iftar Bowl - Night Drive - 15 June 2017

After immense interest, big smiles and enthusiasm I have seen on few people faces during last drive, I think some of our drivers are ready now for more challenging terrain. Area 53 is an extension of bidayer area but with medium - big dunes with sharp rise and fall. Truly perfect for rushing your adrenaline and hone your desert driving controls. This area requires precise control as one moment you climb up with full throttle and second moment you crawl at low rev before hitting the gas again for sideways climb. 

This drive is not meant for newbie - fewbie level, and drivers should have at least 8-10 drives experience in an easy - intermediate level.

Suhoor.jpg

When: 15 June 2017, Thursday
Meeting time: 11 PM, convoy will move sharp at 11:15 PM
Where: Bidayer shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/b4LPnVr5wBB2

Level of drive: Intermediate - Expert - Advance
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Night drive from Bidayer to Iftar Bowl and enjoy suhoor together.
What to bring along: Evening snacks, food for suhoor - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 5 AM, 16 June 2017, Friday

List your name and mobile number in this drive thread and RSVP the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, shadow79 said:

All I read was the bold and underlined stuff I guess I have to make some moves and b4 the next Thursday 😀😀😀😀😀

Good, you are very intelligent in reading between the lines after 3 consecutive attempt to toast your Rav4.

14 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

Now 2 I remember gaurav Bhai when was the 3rd 1 I can't seem remember could you ahead some light....

1. 26 May - Khatam to Faya: Struggling in soft sand sideways for more than an hour and then couldn't climb the fossil rock. Deflate - inflate - deflate multiple times and fixed pop-out. Delayed the very first suhoor and left 10 minutes for eating at Faya side step.
  2. 1 June - Bidayer - Pink rock: Stuck in small pocket of soft sand, couldn't recover by yourself and when I gave a tug radiator housing broke. And after fixing the radiator, exiting from that soft sand humongous dunes was a challenge for me and Basel to scout an easy route with leaking radiator.
  3. 9 June - Iftar bowl: Small jump and nose dive down, pushed the radiator back and again everyone spend 4 hours extra until you fix the leaking radiator.

I absolutely understand that desert accident can happen with anyone to everyone without any indication, but venturing with wrong choice of car in such terrain is highly not advisable. RAV4 is a unibody and tow hooks are super glued on frame. You were very fortunate to make out with your car in all three occasions due to everyone patience, support and availability of right tools and emergency repair kit.

Secondly it is AWD and not proper 4x4 that has either intelligence or power to push through the soft sand (common in summer time). Your skills is highly regarded to drive through so much, but not in all occasions you can afford to have 100 meter run-up to gain momentum.

Thirdly, the ground clearance is less than 5 inches makes your approach angle extremely risky to either break the nose (like in last drive) or to make you stuck without leaving enough room to crawl out of the soft sand (like in second drive situation).

P.S. Hope this much light is enough or do you want me to switch on the LED light bar.....?

Oh that one well Bhai after finishing from the lasalli drive I had a small accident which I had told you about the car had almost a liter of gear oil in it and the accelerator paddle was shot thats why I was facing difficulty apart from that other mistakes will be sorted out when I put a steel skid plate in front of the condenser and radiator assy I hope that will no longer be a issue....😂😁😁😁😁 

😀😀😀😀ahmad Bhai are you ready for some gruelling pushing of rav4 while raining sand with nothing but sand around 😀 and you are expected to also be a handy mechanic so you can fix things which come up along the way 😀😀 then please do join with all the pleasures and welcomes...