•  
Advertise here

Thank you Sree for such a wonderful trip report and sharing your experience.

After a long time I was the first vehicle to roll in to the pump, which means I had to wait for everyone to arrive. The last minute confirmation from @malav1210 meant we had one more experienced driver. There were many firsts for this drive. The first time we fitted a tire on to a rim all thanks to Sree for giving us the opportunity and Saleem who managed with loads of help from all to manage the task with limited tools.

As we headed to the deflation point another first was having @shadow79 as passenger and giving the Rav4 a much deserved break like the Camry the previous week at the mosque in Mahafiz. After the briefing I lead the first 10 minutes in to the dunes before giving @skumar83 the lead. After the first couple of minutes he got so comfortable I had to literally talk him out of the lead. This is where for the first time ever @ @Asif Hussain took the lead and took us very close to the base of Fossil Rocks. They must have both lead for about 20 minutes each and did very well with zero stucks and loads of fun. This whole time @baselsm83 did the thankless job of sweeping us and making sure the convoy was moving at all times.

Another first was with the time on hand doing the dunes to Camel Rocks and on to the top of Faya from the back side. We than headed down Faya and found a suitable spot for BBQ, with the sun peaking and cool breeze to keep us all comfortable. For the first time we had steamed chicken and potatoes for breakfast, thanks to Saleem for the nice and healthy option.

The. Final first came when Malav lead us out with a bit of a twist. With the mercury rising it was time to inflate, hug and say See you next time. All in all a very nice trip with just one pop-out and I stuck. Loved the company, the food, the chat, the drive, every aspect and can't wait for the next one.

• Like (+1) 3