•  
Advertise here

So the mechanic doesn't even have a diagnostic scanner? I can see where this is going...

New bearings or different oil pressure isn't going to bring on the engine management light. It will bring on the oil warning light if the bearings aren't installed correctly. Is the oil light working properly? It should come on when you switch on the ignition then go out almost immediately when you start the engine. If the oil light isn't working properly, the first sign of a problem you'll probably notice will be the crankshaft knocking again.

If you want a proper diagnostic scan done, I have a 3rd gen launch x431 pro here. 

3 hours ago, Barry said:

So the mechanic doesn't even have a diagnostic scanner? I can see where this is going...

This job was done way to cheaply, and as for where it is going... downhill, and very fast, too.

If the ride isnt too bad, why dont you just drive with the existing engine till failure, since you will get close to nothing for the existing engine? Just from a layman's perspective. Maybe, just maybe, there wont be much trouble...

You can always replace your engine or have it fixed later.

Hee Hee....Its just a cowboy advise from my brother.... If there is some sound from the vehicle and its bothering you, just increase the music volume and ride on.....

Above advise was specifically given to me when there was a intermittent rattle from the car and was expensive to fix :D