•  
Advertise here

29 minutes ago, desertdude said:

How do I know its a real person who wrote this and not some bot !!!! Sometimes to you got to put some faith in some people or you'll go through life a paranoid basket case. I know what I'm talking about because I know someone like that and he doesn't trust anybody with anything.

I have a great scrappie. He gets whole cars from Japan, and break them right there in his shop. Plus I know he wont buy local cars for breaking and he refuses to buy them. 

And sometimes you have to do have to take some people for their word. if you are going to be so paranoid in one's life, probably end up in the cuckoo house! 

Its a good idea to build up a good relation with your parts supplier and scrappy.  

beep beep boop i am not a bot beep boop

Paranoid no, but I will freely admit to being extremely cynical and with good reason.

I have a few trusted suppliers, people that have been introduced and recommended to me etc. but if I was to walk into a shop randomly off the street, I'm not just going to trust the guy. I know from experience, he'll sell me an engine and tell me it's good. If it's not good, he'll give me another no questions asked and again tell me it's good. He doesn't care about my lost time fitting and removing it, he's just happy he got a sale. If I put an engine together myself and it's wrong, then I know it's my fault but I have 100% faith in my own work.

• Like (+1) 3

Hey guys,

Just wanna update you that i got my car back yesterday. And the mechanic repaired the engine with new parts. Car runs fine now. He asked me to drive at max 70kms/hr for 1 week and later with 100-120+ as the engine has been fixed and the parts are new.

One thing more. Shows two signs in the odometer. 

1. Engine sign

2. Airbag sign

I asked the mechanic about it and he told me since the engine has been repaired it shows. And for airbag he told it will go away soon by itself.

What do u guys say about it ?

To me, it sounds like your mechanic is a parts fitter/helper and not a knowledgeable technician. Running in of a new engine is not related to vehicle speed, it's all to do with engine speed. If it was my car, I would keep engine revs below 3,000 for the first 1,000 km then use a good quality flushing agent then change the oil and filter. Don't let the engine idle for long periods. If the cylinder head was off, I would also flush, refill and bleed the cooling system as there could be traces of oil in it. After that, just drive normally. 

The engine and airbag warning lights on indicates that there is a fault. The mechanic should have scanned for codes to see what the problems were and repaired then and reset, or just reset if no further repairs were required. Warning lights don't just appear without reason and when they are illuminated, it means there is a problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yep, and these kinds of problems usually don't go away by themselves, if ever.

how much you spend on parts and labor (separately), if i may ask?

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

"Go away soon on its own" if I had a dhirham for everytime I heard that. This translates to I fcuked up somewhere along the line while installing the engine, broke or didn't plug in some sensor or connector and now I am least bothered to recheck everything so please pay me and bugger off 

• Like (+1) 1

Sad to hear Anish that you listen to all EXPERT MECHANIC advise here and went to amateur level mechanic, as if he has done engine rebuild in 1000 AED, I can imagine the workmanship and let alone the professionalism and knowledge.

Any decent garage in sharjah will not cost less than 3k AED for opening and closing the engine. In Dubai it may reach to 5-6k AED. 

Any professional garage in Dubai will cost in 8-10k AED and dealership in range of 15-20K.

Even at this stage after few months you decide to get this fix with another mechanic, he will charge you double as mechanic HATE to sort out each other mess and will do your job with red face all the time. I have been there, done that.

So now, in your best case scenario rush to him asap and ask him to fix these lights before he start acting fussy after few days. If needed, lure him with couple of hundred and push him to check and close these lights sooner than later as he might already know what mess he has created.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks for the advice Gaurav!

I appreciate your saying.

This mechanic told me to go to any computer testing place where they will charge 80aed to reset the warning light.

He told since he fixed the engine after opening it, this warning light showed up due to pressure change or new bearings maybe.