•  
Advertise here

How to Identify a GCC Spec Xterra

Hello, I was about to buy a 2009 model "Gcc" spec xterra, but the registration and export paper says the make is american. Th ODO shows in km, The interior are beige.. but still I am confused. Do Nissan issued 'american factory made' gcc spec xterras? Any Expert here to advice.?

What is the best way to identify a Gcc spec xterra.?

Every GCC spec car should have arabic written sticker all around driver door edge and door sill. Those sticker usually carry the VIN number, gross weight, front and back axle weight, made in country kind of information.

Secondly you can take the VIN number and call the agency and they can identify over the phone at least if its GCC or not. In some cases they say it's GCC but not sold by them, means it's either imported from Oman or from another emirates dealership.

Third you can ask the owner to show you the owners manual, and it always comes in two - English and Arabic manual.

Don't just rely on make in country, as I think (I am not very sure) Xterra initial years were made in US for GCC specs too.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Try this website,

www.vindecoderz.com

It should tell you country and full original spec. I emphasize SHOULD. It doesn't always, but it's worth typing your chassis number in. It's free and only takes a few seconds. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hi shinith,

The car origin is stated on the registration card however what you are looking for is the specs of the car for compliance with GCC standards. I may be wrong but maybe your best bet would be to check with the dealership of the car manufacturer and help you determine if the car was made to GCC specs or not. Maybe a google/wiki check on the manufacturing country along with year and target market may end up answering your question.

Check your SIDE MIRRORS if there is something written in Arabic over the MIRROR its GCC if there isnt anything Arabic there its not GCC

• Like (+1) 1

Duh ! The Xterra like a lot of Japanese Vehicles is/are exclusively manufactured in the US, and the reg card states where the car is manufactured not who owns the company that manufactured it and also reg cards don't mention GCC or Non GCC specs.

Armada, Xterra and Sequoia among many others were only manufactured in The Americas. You won't find a Japanese made Xterra and you'll only ever find a made in Thailand Fortuner 

P.S : And a odometer in Kms is 90% surefire way to check if its GCC specs, although the rare 10% chance its a Canadian import who also use Kms but then all stickers will be in English and French 

Edited by desertdude
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Every GCC spec car should have arabic written sticker all around driver door edge and door sill. Those sticker usually carry the VIN number, gross weight, front and back axle weight, made in country kind of information.

Secondly you can take the VIN number and call the agency and they can identify over the phone at least if its GCC or not. In some cases they say it's GCC but not sold by them, means it's either imported from Oman or from another emirates dealership.

Third you can ask the owner to show you the owners manual, and it always comes in two - English and Arabic manual.

Don't just rely on make in country, as I think (I am not very sure) Xterra initial years were made in US for GCC specs too.

He send me the Arabic Details. Its An American made GCC specs car. Thanks for your reply. 

18 hours ago, Barry said:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Try this website,

www.vindecoderz.com

It should tell you country and full original spec. I emphasize SHOULD. It doesn't always, but it's worth typing your chassis number in. It's free and only takes a few seconds. 

This website is amazing.. got all details required. Its american made for asia pacific. 

17 hours ago, Ren13 said:

Hi shinith,

The car origin is stated on the registration card however what you are looking for is the specs of the car for compliance with GCC standards. I may be wrong but maybe your best bet would be to check with the dealership of the car manufacturer and help you determine if the car was made to GCC specs or not. Maybe a google/wiki check on the manufacturing country along with year and target market may end up answering your question.

Check your SIDE MIRRORS if there is something written in Arabic over the MIRROR its GCC if there isnt anything Arabic there its not GCC

Thanks for your reply. Its confirmed an american made GCC.

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Duh ! The Xterra like a lot of Japanese Vehicles is/are exclusively manufactured in the US, and the reg card states where the car is manufactured not who owns the company that manufactured it and also reg cards don't mention GCC or Non GCC specs.

Armada, Xterra and Sequoia among many others were only manufactured in The Americas. You won't find a Japanese made Xterra and you'll only ever find a made in Thailand Fortuner 

P.S : And a odometer in Kms is 90% surefire way to check if its GCC specs, although the rare 10% chance its a Canadian import who also use Kms but then all stickers will be in English and French 

thanks for the info .. its amazing i got instant and useful responses from here. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shinith said:

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-lookup/5N1AN08wx9c504142   

Hi this is the information i got from searching the VIN number, ( thanks to Barry).

Any inputs?? all.. 

Thanks in advance..

IMG-20170718-WA0033.jpg

Its says it confirms to gulf and saudi standards to the current date ( as in date of manufacture )

Vehicle number ( Chassis ) 

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Type of Car. Tyoe 4 something ( could understand more than that)

Waliyat Muthahida Al Amrikiya ( United States Of America )

• Like (+1) 1

my 2 cents

there are some cars which are japanese or american but made in other countries like armadas titans of nissan are only made in america but according to the importing countries their specs are bit changed the acuras and some models of lexus are also only made in america and some gmc and other brands are made in korea but are american cars it all boils down on the regulations of country which is importing and through which channels it was imported like the dealer will modify the specs and then bring it and individual imports or private imports will be of specs of their original countries or countries for which it was intended to be driven

• Confused (0) 1