•  
Advertise here

Corvette C4 1988 model

That's a nice Vette, please be specific as to what you want to check? Is that pre buying check if you are about to buy? Or is it pre renewal checks for RTA passing? Or preparing her for race track, lolololol....?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi gaurav, I've already bought her but need to get a general check done for a.c and electrical.  Tires are new and body condition is decent no painting or touch up needed. Being a old vehicle not many garages are ready to put their hand in it. As parts also not available easily if in case broken due to workmanship. Wanted to know of any garage which works on  these cars.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 11:21 AM, Ren13 said:

Hi gaurav, I've already bought her but need to get a general check done for a.c and electrical.  Tires are new and body condition is decent no painting or touch up needed. Being a old vehicle not many garages are ready to put their hand in it. As parts also not available easily if in case broken due to workmanship. Wanted to know of any garage which works on  these cars.

Wow thats a beauty!! 8-)  May i ask how much did it cost? 

I know a guy in Sharjah. He is very resourceful maybe he can help. You can call and ask. Mubashir - 0502282974

1984-Corvette-Tile.png1985-Corvette-Tile.png1986-Corvette-Tile.png1987-Corvette-Tile.png1988-Corvette-Tile.png1989-Corvette-Tile.png1990-Corvette-Tile.png1991-Corvette-Tile.png1992-Corvette-Tile.png1993-Corvette-Tile.png1994-Corvette-Tile.png1995-Corvette-Tile.png1996-Corvette-Tile.png

See Also

• Like (+1) 2

No issues man, Its a very cool and fast car but it's very simple to work on. I have worked on many before. The problem is people hear corvette and panic. If you need any help, PM me, I have the software to read the ECU and the experience to work on fixing it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/23/2017 at 11:21 AM, Ren13 said:

Apologies to miss on this one earlier.

When it comes to specialize vehicle, this place is either full of crooks or dumb guys. In so much old model, my best advise is to DIY full study on what exactly you want, be it AC, Electrical or Mechanical. Internet has almost everything available from online videos to workshop manual etc. Discuss it on forums, and seek expert advises. Then go to any decent garage and pinpoint and advise them exactly what you need and how it should be done. This way you will educate the dumb mechanic and you will discourage the crooks to get greedy.

I have done same in my Cayenne and Range rover to go to any workshop with detail print out and supervise the job and get things moving with 100% confidence and at reasonable cost, in fastest of time. Plus this approach will feed your car bug that you will come home with sense of big accomplishment. Stage two: you will start working on your car slowly along with your trusted mechanic. Stage three: DIY everything, if you have time, tools and space. Btw, I am at stage 2 right now.

Once you get used to this style, you will learn a lot and save lot of time. Last year my wife trailblazer headlight went off, being a small issue I straight went to local mechanic and he spend almost two hours to find out that there is nothing wrong but still headlights not working. Then second mechanic, same story. Third, even worst, leave the car for two days. As a last resort I start researching on mobile (which i dont like much) and found out in 5 mins that trailblazer has one stupid Solid State relay for HDM (Headlight module) that conks off due to DRL. It's a known issue. Replaced it and voila.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 07/08/2017 at 9:06 PM, Barry said:

No issues man, Its a very cool and fast car but it's very simple to work on. I have worked on many before. The problem is people hear corvette and panic. If you need any help, PM me, I have the software to read the ECU and the experience to work on fixing it. 

Thank you Barry wow this gives me confidence let me know when you free and will get her to you. 

13 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Apologies to miss on this one earlier.

When it comes to specialize vehicle, this place is either full of crooks or dumb guys. In so much old model, my best advise is to DIY full study on what exactly you want, be it AC, Electrical or Mechanical. Internet has almost everything available from online videos to workshop manual etc. Discuss it on forums, and seek expert advises. Then go to any decent garage and pinpoint and advise them exactly what you need and how it should be done. This way you will educate the dumb mechanic and you will discourage the crooks to get greedy.

I have done same in my Cayenne and Range rover to go to any workshop with detail print out and supervise the job and get things moving with 100% confidence and at reasonable cost, in fastest of time. Plus this approach will feed your car bug that you will come home with sense of big accomplishment. Stage two: you will start working on your car slowly along with your trusted mechanic. Stage three: DIY everything, if you have time, tools and space. Btw, I am at stage 2 right now.

Once you get used to this style, you will learn a lot and save lot of time. Last year my wife trailblazer headlight went off, being a small issue I straight went to local mechanic and he spend almost two hours to find out that there is nothing wrong but still headlights not working. Then second mechanic, same story. Third, even worst, leave the car for two days. As a last resort I start researching on mobile (which i dont like much) and found out in 5 mins that trailblazer has one stupid Solid State relay for HDM (Headlight module) that conks off due to DRL. It's a known issue. Replaced it and voila.

Thank you gaurav will do my study and takes Barry's help and assistance too . Happy to be part of this group which cares about the fellow member's. 

• Like (+1) 1