•  
Advertise here

Around the UAE in one day - 15K members drive

58 minutes ago, Ren13 said:

Will miss the sticker and certificate just noticed them they look pretty cool. All the best for the trip tomorrow and drive safe. Cheers. 

Sticker you will get it on next drive, but certificate is exclusive for this one. Hope to see you on next trips.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I was super busy and i couldn't see this post earlier. Anyway I am super excited to see all of you. My friends asked me..."you are already driving 350-400km a day and are you crazy to drive on this super hot (holi)day again a 600km?"

We dont have to explain our passion right? I just smiled 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gaurav said:

All set to go guys....?

I am almost ready 

IMG_5232.JPG

IMG_5233.JPG

IMG_5234.JPG

IMG_5235.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

that's awesome ... @GauravBhai 

• Like (+1) 1

This as a concept was whispered in to our ears by @waqaszohair around 2 to 3 months back and it remained on the back burner till we crossed 15000 members. What an occasion and what would be more fitting than to put this plan to action. Although @waqaszohair had a plan but it was a bit too tedious, so our very own @Gaurav bhai took the plan and tried to reduce the time spent on road and some quality time together to put together some videos and pictures to make the vent to be remembered for a long time to come. Drive was announced and as expected spots were taken up like hot cakes and we just loved the enthusiasm shared by all the members. We met on time in the morning and after a briefing and hand over of the goody bags we were on our way.

Our first stop was in Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque, and the excitement grew as within no time we had touched the first point and after a quick photo session it was time for us to leave. It was also time for us to bid @Asif bhai farewell as he had specially come all the way from Abu Dhabi to Dubai just to join us and had a flight to catch, can't wait for his return. Heading to Al Ain our second way point we were faced with the challenge of Friday prayers, all thanks to @Gaurav bhai and the spirit of the team who waited for the Muslins to pray their Friday prayers on the way in the heat. As soon as we were done the team was on it's way to Jimi Mall in Al Ain. Here we were met by Saleem Bhai and I had an idea which was well received by the team and supported without any questions. After a 5 minutes promise a 30 minutes adjustment to the cars to get a one off photo, hope it turns out well. We then had a relaxed lunch and were headed to Fujairah. On the way we saw Fossil Rocks which is our playground and stopped in a cafe right opposite to have a quick tea and we were off again.

We reached Fujairah City Center to take a quick pic, fueled up and we were up and running towards Ras Al Khaimah at which point Kavin had to leave. We headed to the Ice Land Water Park in Ras Al Khaimah and the security guard was not to pleased to see us at their closing time and was trying to get rid of us soon. So we took a quick pic and were off to Dreamland Aqua Park in Umm Al Quwain, it was the shortest leg of our trip and with the place deserted we did not have a problem with the parking, the challenge at this time was the lighting. It was dark as the night fall and we were dependent on the camera flash to get the best picture we could. Now it was time of Ajman City Center and it was not to far, though the challenge here was the construction work as we were warned by Saleem Bhai. At one point the group also split up but were soon united thanks to the walkie talkies we were using. We had a challenge to take the pic and had an unusal spot but with that picture in the bag we moved to the next spot which was the Sharjah Paint Ball Park. We faced no resistance at this point and had a good picture, but at this point Saleem had to head back.

Still with majority of the cars still in and only Dubai to go we rushed to the Dubai Canals and tried to search a suitable spot. We had some difficulty finding a suitable spot, but with the group tired and hungry Gaurav Bhai made the right decision of taking a pic with the Burj Khalifa in the back-drop from the best angle we could find. So came a conclusion for our Round the UAE in one day, against my belief it was possible and where Waqas Bhai gave us the idea, Gaurav Bhai made it all very comfortable and doable with majority cars from start to finish. To further reward the members for their time and efforts, Gaurav Bhai had not only printed out but arranged the certificates for the day in the most beautiful way. A picture with each of the drivers holding their certificates proudly with their rides was the cherry on top of the cake. My sincere thanks to Waqas Bhai for his idea along with a sketch of what could have been 1 possibility, Gaurav Bhai for further trimming down the map to make it more bearable and relaxed, furthermore a fantastic lead. Lastly a big thank you for the whole convoy to make it easy for the sweep team to have the situation in control at all times and taking different responsibilities at different times to make this a journey well remembering.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1