•  
Advertise here

Desert Exploration Night Drive (UAQ) - 3 August

@Asif Hussain bhai cooked ones will loose flavor when cold and few drives ago I brought ready grilled chickens had to leave them for camals and birds to feed on:-D...and @Rahimdad Bhai I would be really happy in my non air condition rav...:-D

On 8/2/2017 at 0:36 AM, shadow79 said:

@Asif Hussain bhai cooked ones will loose flavor when cold and few drives ago I brought ready grilled chickens had to leave them for camals and birds to feed on:-D...and @Rahimdad Bhai I would be really happy in my non air condition rav...:-D

I is to think camels are vegetarian... today I came to know that they are non vegetarian. They chew bones and eat carrion to supplement their diet.

Edited by Asif Hussain

On 8/1/2017 at 5:30 PM, desertdude said:

Desert exploration at night! Isn't that an oxymoron.

After so many years, stop driving in desert is oxymoron.

May be you can join too as RAK and UAQ is not too far......!

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

So it was supposed to be an exploration drive and it was just that in every sense. Although I had planned a slightly different area, but I received a coordinate from @skumar83 just a few hours before the drive and I handed it over to our trusted @Gaurav Bhai to study the area. Since it was all last minute we did not have enough time to recognize the terrain. We all met on time and headed to the coordinate given to us by Sree. As we entered and deflated and after the drivers' briefing we were off in to the unknown after midnight. The terrain seemed more of a forest than a desert and we were greeted by plenty of trees, shrubs and stubs with a lot of farm houses around, one even had a swimming pool. At the start Gaurav Bhai and I had decided that we were going to go on the other side of the road if the terrain was not suitable, it was time to do just that. So we returned to where we had started and headed to the other side which was fenced, so we drove down the road as far as we could and returned to find only 1 break in fence which had some trucks and heavy equipment. This could only mean 1 thing, the terrain was under some kind of construction and it would be unsafe, just to eradicate any doubts Gaurav Bhai had a quick run and came back with a thumbs down.

So a short conference took place and it was decided we we would head to a desert which was approximately 20 Kilometers away on Saleem Bhai's experience. This was definitely a desert but as Saleem Bhai had pointed out, there were a lot of pockets and plenty of soft sand around to keep us busy. Asif Bhai had bought a viking rope on the night and it seemed to be working overtime for this drive. We finally settled in some flat terrain to rest, discuss the details and our side of the experiences along with some tea and bites. By this time the Sun had come up and was making things hot and uncomfortable, so we decided to head back after quickly inflating.

To sum up this drive all I would like to say is that it was an exploration drive and it was not very pleasant terrain, but our team is the best I have ever experienced and the company of those around kept it interesting and bearable. Thank you to Gaurav Bhai for taking over the lead as I had my vehicle full + 1 as my family decided to come and for the food. Thank you to Asif Bhai for the tea, snacks, extra radio which he has given me for anybody who falls short and inflating a couple of my tires when my compressor coughed up in the heat. Thank you to Sree bhai who with his newly acquired Jeep Cherokee was always ready to help. Thank you to Saleem for once again being there with his Rav4 and for his helpful nature to give me for fuses to replace if the AC tripped the fuse as it would have been very unpleasant with the family without AC.

• Like (+1) 2

Very nice trip report Rahim bhai,  although it was exploration drive and we didn't get what we were expecting but I thoroughly enjoyed  as tasting a different terrain with a blend of forest and desert was nice.  Plus exploring stuff was fun: burnt car, mushroom hair cut trees, Swimming pool in desert, 100's of camel farm and sand formation rocks.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, desertdude said:

Hence I said Desert exploration and night drive don't belong in the same sentence. 

It was nothing to do with being night or day in that area, it's just that we wish to see and explore that side of emirates and I'm glad we did something different.

btw, welcome back ;-) and you should have put right number at least......!

Im all for exploring new places, but exploring the desert at night really isnt exploration at all. Night drives to me in it self are pointless but thats just me

And no way Im putting up my personal info online. I get enough nuisance calls, sms and emails as it is. And in this digital age you can never be too cautious.

Big Brother is always watching, why tell him where you live and give him your contact details on top of it! 

@desertdude I know you have a different taste, but more for you is your lack of patience and appreciation of things. Maybe its the overtime you did when this was all part of your job, for us it is a get away from everything including our work. i don't know how bitter you felt driving with me, but I have always enjoyed your company whenever you have joined and looking forward to one such trip which will tickle your fancy. Insha Allah soon.

Why would I feel bitter ? And AFAIK Ive dome just one newbie trip with you leading which will always stay memorable. As the convoy struggled to cross a small patch of dune for hours with the road right in front of us. It was good that Sikander Bhai was there and we just sat and chatted away the hours into the night watching the convoy struggle to make the 200-250meter of Small dunes and pockets on to the road ahead. 

All my most memorable trips have been exploration drives which we started as early ad possible as in not to miss the great majesty of the desert and not just see 50 mtrs ahead of you in your headlights. 

From Faqa to Lisaili, Gaurav was also on that trip. Al Ain to Wagan, one of the best trips of my life. From Al Ain Airport to the lakes also a great trip.So on and so forth.

• Like (+1) 1