•  
Advertise here

Off road mass stop?

umarcrespo333

The beach and the desert are 2 completely different animals. Beach sand is compacted and full of sea shells. It's nearly impossible to get stuck unless you're dicking around. The sand in the desert varies. It's always moving. You can hit a soft spot and get buried into the axles very easily. You won't face 30 meter dunes on the beach, you won't fall into bowls at the bottom of dunes etc. I just want you to know what you're getting into. Yes it's still sand, but it's very different sand. 

5 hours ago, desertdude said:

Driven around the beach, so Im all good to hit the desert! .....kids these days...meh.

Yup they grow up faster than mushrooms

@umarcrespo333 any season off-roader will never venture all alone unless otherwise it's life threatening because of too many unexpected risk involved in going to desert alone.

Minimum two or three cars is must, please remember this always.

PS. In case you don't rem then time will make you remember this very soon.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Don't need a license for the desert, that's the beauty of it. Through one thing and another and me getting screwed so many times I still haven't managed to take my test but I still made it to the desert and loved every minute of it. 

7 hours ago, desertdude said:

Driven around the beach, so Im all good to hit the desert! .....kids these days...meh.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Yup they grow up faster than mushrooms

@umarcrespo333 any season off-roader will never venture all alone unless otherwise it's life threatening because of too many unexpected risk involved in going to desert alone.

Minimum two or three cars is must, please remember this always.

PS. In case you don't rem then time will make you remember this very soon.

9 hours ago, Barry said:

The beach and the desert are 2 completely different animals. Beach sand is compacted and full of sea shells. It's nearly impossible to get stuck unless you're dicking around. The sand in the desert varies. It's always moving. You can hit a soft spot and get buried into the axles very easily. You won't face 30 meter dunes on the beach, you won't fall into bowls at the bottom of dunes etc. I just want you to know what you're getting into. Yes it's still sand, but it's very different sand. 

Exactly the reason I'm not going deep into the unknown. Why I am looking for a place like awafi is cuz if you get stuck easy to get help unlike deep deserts. Basically I don't wanna go alone but at the same time I wanna go alone, so the place I'm looking for is suitable.

I shall join your drives as soon as I get my license.

16 minutes ago, Barry said:

Don't need a license for the desert, that's the beauty of it. Through one thing and another and me getting screwed so many times I still haven't managed to take my test but I still made it to the desert and loved every minute of it. 

You need one to get there and back

@desertdude Not necessarily, you just need a driver to get there and back. 

Im all for people learning to drive before they get their license. I did it and I'm all the better for it. The whole education system of teaching people to drive on the road from scratch isn't good. Far better to learn off road than start mingling with traffic when you're still capable of mixing up the clutch, brake and accelerator pedals. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Barry said:

@desertdude Not necessarily, you just need a driver to get there and back. 

Im all for people learning to drive before they get their license. I did it and I'm all the better for it. The whole education system of teaching people to drive on the road from scratch isn't good. Far better to learn off road than start mingling with traffic when you're still capable of mixing up the clutch, brake and accelerator pedals. 

This isn't the UK. You can get into some real serious shit if you do and recently whoever lends his car to an unlicensed driver too. I can't believe you would condone something like this over here in a public forum.

Sorry, I should have worded my statement better. I do not condone anyone driving on the road without a license or breaking any other laws. What I wanted to say is that it's better for people to learn off road first before they hit the traffic with minimal knowledge, potentially causing accidents. By off road, I mean on private land, unrestricted car park, flat desert tracks etc. 

Get caught driving without a license in U.K. you're liable for a similar ass kicking as you are here. I was lucky, I grew up on a farm and there was endless forest tracks and fields to drive around. 

Where im from, Northern Ireland, still technically part of the U.K., driving on the road is not so much of an issue. The rural areas are controlled by paramilitaries and the police are scared to come into the areas so it's pretty much anything goes as long as you don't annoy your neighbor. 

• Like (+1) 1