•  
Advertise here

Volkswagen announced today that the VW Microbus, the beloved van popular in the Sixties, will be making a comeback in 2022.

CEO of the North American Region, Volkswagen, Hinrich J. Woebcken added: “We are delighted that our parent company has taken the decision to produce the I.D. BUZZ. This vehicle is the perfect balance between emotion, usability, and sustainability, while also showcasing our technological leadership. The high seating position, cargo capacity, overall versatility and all-wheel drive option packaged into such an appealing design is just what our customers want from us. And it’s the perfect fit for the zero-emissions American lifestyle.”

The I.D. BUZZ won’t just be a passenger vehicle. Just like the classic T2, the I.D. BUZZ will both haul people and haul freight. "Along with a minibus version, we'll also be offering an I.D. BUZZ CARGO variant for zero-emissions delivery of goods,” said Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles CEO Dr Eckhard Scholz. "With Level 3 autonomous capability, this is an ideal concept for an electric van, particularly for delivering packages and goods to the inner cities."

Although Volkswagen's oldest and newest Microbuses will be separated by more than seven decades when the new model is launched, the I.D. BUZZ undoubtedly has the original's genes, as it offers maximum utilization of space on the footprint of a mid-size passenger car. Based on the new all-electric architecture, the production version of the I.D. BUZZ will incorporate many design ideas from the concept car, including multi-variable seating, interactive connectivity, and highly automated driving.

vwbussconcept

id_buzz_concept_7416.0.jpg

Volkswagen is targeting a 2020 launch of its ID line of e-mobility vehicles with the compact ID hatchback first, followed by an as-yet unrevealed ID SUV and then the ID Buzz van sometime between 2022 and 2025.

So does this mean it could bring 60's villain back too with retro styling.....? Good move VW

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

And It's electric too. Good one. Honestly, being a petrolhead(I hope I qualify for that) that's where I wanna see electric technology go, not in performance based cars(mainly for the sound :P ) It's like I wanna see electric cars but also don't.