•  
Advertise here

Built in TCS

Hello gearheads(I hope it's not inappropriate),

So, I feel like the land cruiser 100 has a traction control built in, and the only time you can switch it off is while messing with the off road gear. Help me out here.

If there is one how do I turn it off or get something built (like a button) to turn it off?

Also, one more thing that lead me to believe this is that it is impossible to get your wheels to spin (burnout) by just putting your car into D. You have to switch it to L4 (offroad gear) to get the rear wheels to hustle.

1 minute ago, Barry said:

If you want to do proper burnouts, man up, buy a manual and consider fitting a linelock/brake bias valve. 

If you want to disable the TCS, try pulling the ABS fuse. 

But ABS and TCS is completely different.

I don't wanna do burnouts I wanna know about the TCS

You can do burnouts in sand in D, but not very prominently on road.

Almost same year as yours I had 2003 model in 2006-08, doing some burnouts while learning off-roading in boat

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

You can do burnouts in sand in D, but not very prominently on road.

Almost same year as yours I had 2003 model in 2006-08, doing some burnouts while learning off-roading in boat

dayumn :D did you lock the axles? also locking the axles would make the wheel spin right, but would it harm the diff?

Nope, it was just in D. In LC being heavier and underpower, if you notice I took 5-6 meter run before steering, that's the only key it works every time and later with more control you will master that correct momentum to steer at right moment.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.