•  
Advertise here

To Buy or not to Buy

Hi 

I went to purchase some spare parts for my Paj the difference in price between Agency and local spare is amazing.

Now the question to our techies is it OK to buy from local spare part dealers or it has to be from Agency ?  and whats the difference between them if no difference in quality then why price difference 

the difference between the agency and some genuine spare part sellers is the that they have made some contract with the agency that they will buy yearly parts of half or a full million in value and that way they get good discount from which they pass on some discount to us that way you get the price difference but be careful as some spare part guys put non original parts in original boxes and sell it at original parts price

36 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

the difference between the agency and some genuine spare part sellers is the that they have made some contract with the agency that they will buy yearly parts of half or a full million in value and that way they get good discount from which they pass on some discount to us that way you get the price difference but be careful as some spare part guys put non original parts in original boxes and sell it at original parts price

Great, But the most important point raised is non genuine parts in original box. How can one find the same ?

For example i usually buy my stuffs from Divya Auto Spare but sometme i feel i have been cheated 

Edited by Sidshk

The good resellers will have certificates on the wall from habtoor. If you can see certificates, you can probably trust them. 

For all the difference that's in it, it's just as well to go to habtoor and buy the parts direct. At least you know what you have. 

I've worked on one particular Pajero where I did a timing belt. All the parts came from a small shop in Mitsubishi boxes. The tensioner failed after a couple of thousand kms. Very lucky it didn't wreck the engine. Replaced with one from habtoor and it's been fine ever since doing desert work. 

Caveat emptor

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Barry said:

I've worked on one particular Pajero where I did a timing belt. All the parts came from a small shop in Mitsubishi boxes. The tensioner failed after a couple of thousand kms. Very lucky it didn't wreck the engine. Replaced with one from habtoor and it's been fine ever since doing desert work. 

Caveat emptor

Is that mine Pajero incident.....?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 hours ago, Sidshk said:

Great, But the most important point raised is non genuine parts in original box. How can one find the same ?

For example i usually buy my stuffs from Divya Auto Spare but sometme i feel i have been cheated 

Known resellers like Divya, Dhanya, Majelan, Sindabad, Ayash etc. are just fine to buy. Just make sure every time you buy OVER insist the sales person that you want 100% genuine couple of times and not number 2 option. As I encounter once with Sindabad that when I insisted repeatedly he admitted that it's number 2 as number 1 is not in stock and I have to wait for 1 day. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.