•  
Advertise here

Tasjeel Comprehensive Test Any Good or Not?

Jesala9527

Trying to buy used car, and plan to do Tasjeel comprehensive test at Tasjeel Aweer.

I called the Tasjeel Aweer and they said NO they don't do comprehensive test.

Seller saying I can do the comprehensive test in Tasjeel Aweer. Has anyone done there before?

And doing a Tasjeel Comprehensive Test is of any use or not for pre-buying inspection? What do car experts here think of Tasjeel comprehensive test is it really a comprehensive test to covers all the areas of the car or it's just a name....?

Thanks for sharing.

• Like (+1) 1

I have done comprehensive test in Aweer Tasjeel few times in past in last 2 years.

Go here: https://goo.gl/maps/LF2iQQb7FXH2

Click on left side photos (9 photos) and scroll to 5th photo - list of fees (blue board) showing comprehensive rate 350 and that image clicked in Aug 2017, so it seems they still do comprehensive check.

Alternatively, you can go to neighboring Shamil in Emarat in Nad Al Hammar area for quick transfer: https://goo.gl/maps/qsApEMdJ6cx

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

13 hours ago, Gaurav said:

I have done comprehensive test in Aweer Tasjeel few times in past in last 2 years.

Go here: https://goo.gl/maps/LF2iQQb7FXH2

Click on left side photos (9 photos) and scroll to 5th photo - list of fees (blue board) showing comprehensive rate 350 and that image clicked in Aug 2017, so it seems they still do comprehensive check.

Alternatively, you can go to neighboring Shamil in Emarat in Nad Al Hammar area for quick transfer: https://goo.gl/maps/qsApEMdJ6cx

thanks a lot for the info

12 hours ago, desertdude said:

I would personally say dont bother and waste your money on it.

thanks a lot, can you advise why?

is the comp test not worth it? or the seller with blue exp plate seems suspicious? 

• Like (+1) 1

What he meant is comprehensive test is not worth as much as it sounds by its name. I kind of agree too with it.

However, my take is still go for it as it "sometimes" it point out some immediate concern based on which you can re-negotiate the selling price and this 350 can save you 2k-5k in buying price.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

What he meant is comprehensive test is not worth as much as it sounds by its name. I kind of agree too with it.

However, my take is still go for it as it "sometimes" it point out some immediate concern based on which you can re-negotiate the selling price and this 350 can save you 2k-5k in buying price.

Thank you so much Gaurav , agreed, better than basic registration renewal test.

also is it possible to get on RTA counter, for the registration history of this car, to verify the seller saying that it's used to be registered as DXB private plate, now shifted to EXP plate temp for selling car to save insurance cost on renewal 1 year instead

Used car deal is based on trust, or the fact that seller provided. Otherwise scam, I worried to buy US spec accident or flooded car, in worst scenario as now some suspicious 1/ EXP plate 2/ unstamped service book ( went with seller to amend stamp already , but not common sense)"

• Like (+1) 1

Go with your gut feeling than anything else. RTA doesn't provide seller history neither the dealers here. So you left with what really in front of your eyes than trusting some random stranger.

If deal is way too sweet, then run away

• Like (+1) 3

If its on export plate 99% this guy is a private dealer. How do I know, because I use to do the same thing. Buy car at low price and then just put it in export plates instead of taking a 1-1.5k chunk from future profit. Didnt work very well for too long. Then I actially started to register the cars as it was a more believable story and made the buyers less suspicious. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Go with your gut feeling than anything else. RTA doesn't provide seller history neither the dealers here. So you left with what really in front of your eyes than trusting some random stranger.

If deal is way too sweet, then run away

Okay, if RTA will not provide car / VIN registration history , so if there is any modification on odometer, at least RTA system will not allow right? Like same car / VIN, last year mileage 60K, this year its 40K, not allow to go through 

9 minutes ago, desertdude said:

If its on export plate 99% this guy is a private dealer. How do I know, because I use to do the same thing. Buy car at low price and then just put it in export plates instead of taking a 1-1.5k chunk from future profit. Didnt work very well for too long. Then I actially started to register the cars as it was a more believable story and made the buyers less suspicious. :D

Seller said he is individual,, not sure he is private dealer or not, by his saying brother boss' car, losing job left country.

• Like (+1) 1

bought this car, 

RTA denied to give, even the number of previous owner on this one, due to security reason.

Tasjeel comprehensive test, is extra test, cost AED 350 +100 (computer test), but provided you with test result, which can not be used for renewal / new license, and you have to do again AED 140.

Also confirmed by Tasjeel MGR, both test (comprehensive + renewal),  will not touch the odometer,  they can not tell you odometer was played or not.

• Sad (0) 1