•  
Advertise here

Mazda 6 2015 need advice to buy

Ali mardon

Dear car lovers,

I would love to receive your opinion regarding below.

Recently, my ex-collegue told me that He wants to sell his Mazda6 2.0 2015 model. Mid option. Car is clean, no accident, no big issues. Almost perfect condition.He just recently changed the gear oil only

car has done 75.000 km

I know the market price. So, I felt that 40k aed can close the deal. 

however. I need to know If Mazda brand especially, Mazda 6 is reliable or not in a long term?( about maintenance, quality, parts service....etc)

coz, I need to buy a car and drive it minimum 3-4 years

Thanks in advance 

mazda 6 is a strong car but its value breaks really fast and parts are not easily available if you can go for a lexus or a toyota it would be a much better option and later on you are sure to sell it off when you want to as toyotas and lexus goes very fast if price is fair

• Thanks (+1) 1

Be 100% sure what transmission oil was used. These new mazdas have that fandangled skyactiv technoligy nonsense and require specific branded oils ( translation : Expensive). If its not the right fluid you could be soon looking at an expensive transmission job. I would flush the entire system and have it refilled again with the proper fluids. Just for that extra mental satisfaction.

And yeah with that much money get your self a nice lexus LS or even an older LX. If you are going the jap crap route, might as well be stylish and comfy about it.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks , I was in a dilemma between buying this or no.

now, I made uo my mind to choose a safer way. 

I am thinking to buy Kia Cerato, or, Hyundai Elantra, both are, as people say, fine.

thanks for your honest advice

13 hours ago, shadow79 said:

mazda 6 is a strong car but its value breaks really fast and parts are not easily available if you can go for a lexus or a toyota it would be a much better option and later on you are sure to sell it off when you want to as toyotas and lexus goes very fast if price is fair

Thanks bro. You really helped me clear away doubts. Actually, now , I decided not to go for Mazda. 

I think Hyundai Elantra or Kia Cerato can fullfill my needs

8 hours ago, desertdude said:

Be 100% sure what transmission oil was used. These new mazdas have that fandangled skyactiv technoligy nonsense and require specific branded oils ( translation : Expensive). If its not the right fluid you could be soon looking at an expensive transmission job. I would flush the entire system and have it refilled again with the proper fluids. Just for that extra mental satisfaction.

And yeah with that much money get your self a nice lexus LS or even an older LX. If you are going the jap crap route, might as well be stylish and comfy about it.  

Thanks man. I appreciate your advice.

Actually I decided not to buy Mazda

I once considered to buy Lexus but prices are high. And, toyota is for me a bit boring in terms of interior styling. 

So, I believe, kia cerato can be a good option as a small family car. What do you think? Or Elantra.