•  
Advertise here

World's first all electric off-road beast

victor

Don't be mistaken for the defender, it's Bolinger B1from NYC start-up. They seem to have done really good job, now let's see how she tackle the real off-road terrain

Any haters/takers....?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/582386/meet-the-bollinger-b1-a-hard-core-electric-off-roader/

Bollinger-B1-13.thumb.jpg.4a4e46c19ec3886a442b5c11888bacf3.jpg

Bollinger-B1-1.jpg

Bollinger-B1-4.jpg

Bollinger-B1-6.jpg

Bollinger-B1-11.jpg

Bollinger-B1-15.jpg

Bollinger-B1-5.jpg

Bollinger-B1-9.jpg

Thanks, @victor for sharing this nice update. Not sure about others, but I like its design quite much. Nice blend of defender and Hummer. The only thing my mind doesn't accept is its electricry powered and how that will produce off-road grunt.....?

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Electric motors produce power differently from a combustion engine. In a combustion engine, the torque builds up gradually, reaches a peak and tails off slightly. In an electric motor, you have instant 100% (almost) torque and horsepower as soon as the motor is rotating. This is why the teslas have insane 0-60 mph time, under 3 seconds, 2.6 or 2.7 you need to check yourself. Putting theory into it and using head over heart, electric off roaders do make sense. 

I am a die hard petrolhead but I'm slowly starting to come around to the idea of it. Adapt and survive. I still think this looks like the top gear electric car though, meccano and a few sheets of aluminum. They should have hired pininfarina or someone and at least made it look modern.

IMG_0335.JPG

• Like (+1) 2