•  
Advertise here

Jabal Jais on Islamic New Year - 21 September 2017

The Islamic New Year is supposed to be falling on Thursday, 21 September, so lets take advantage. Plus with the weather getting better it will be only cooler on top.

The RAK mountain range which always are few degrees lesser than the other areas. Get ready to enjoy some of best snaky curved road making up to the to this grand Hajar mountain range. With last time's experience we can reach close to the top to enjoy the view from both sides of the mountain and enjoy the sea view. This drive will offer plenty of photo opportunity for the shutterbugs, so make sure to carry your best camera and long range lens.

Plan is to start late afternoon and finish whenever we feel we have had enough to escape the heat and yet have our holiday dose of fun and adrenaline. With this timing we will also eliminate the usual rush at this newly developing tourist site. So please be on time, as we are really pressed on time so if you are late then you have to catch up by yourself.

If anybody would like to bring along snacks, drinks, BBQ, playing cards, music box or any means of entertainment and fun is most welcome to join.

jabal jais.jpg

Mine and Rahim bhai visit to Jabal Jais - Jan 2014

DSC_0480.JPG

DSC_0454.JPG

DSC_0445-PANO.jpg

When: 21 September 2017
Meeting time: 2:45 PM
Drive Start: 3:00 PM (SHARP)
Where: Adnoc after Tasjeel Village on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd (E311) - Sharjah
GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/wytcqzvgCtF2

Level of drive: All levels
Plan: Scenic drive with plenty of stops on route to top
What to bring along: Camera, drinks, water, snacks, smiles, stories, enthusiasm, BBQ and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: Flexible

• Like (+1) 2

Jabal Jais showing 16-degree temperature on Thursday evening/night.

Let's get the warm clothes out for this drive.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My pictures are uploaded in the gallery: https://carnity.com/gallery/category/43-jabal-jais-21-sep-2017/

Awaiting to see pics from Rahimdad, Basit and Saleem

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

What can I say? Late for my own trip and now late to come out with the trip report. Bad habits are very easy to fall in to and very difficult to get out of. 

To continue my heartfelt thanks to Gaurav Bhai, Basit Bhai and Saleem and their families for the patience. Reaching the top of Jabal Jais we saw a lot of changes and the number of people wanting to enjoy cooler weather on top, I had a chance to play a game with my family to guess what the weather would be on top. At the base of Jabal Jais the temperature was 39 degree, my guess was 34 degree, my sister in law was the winner with 31 degrees. That was a whole 8 degree cooler. that is amazing. Gaurav bhai's watch showed 24 degree when we finally left at 11 pm.

I would like to thank Basit for helping me with the BBQ, mother's are a blessing and the masala she used to marinate the chicken for BBQ has always gained praise from everyone. Sohini bhabhi also got loads of vege-burgers which were delicious and filling. The best aspect of this outing was loads of time to relax and sit around to enjoy the weather and chat.

I would like to thank 1 and all for the patience and an amazing time which my family thoroughly enjoyed.

• Like (+1) 1