•  
Advertise here

How is SantaFe as Family SUV

Behzad

Hi, Behzad nice to see you the other day and it's good you join here to make use of car knowledgebase.

To start, can you be more specific on your wife SUV requirements like 5/7 seater, school run, long drive, weekend driver, mall cruiser etc. to get you appropriate advise.

Although I don't have anything against SantaFe, it's parts and maintenance is equally expensive as Japanese SUV so be open to all Japanese brands too for better resale. One of my friend wife drives the same for work and I know the expensive parts and service story.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

See breakdown do happen to almost all cars if you dont take good care of it...but still Korean technology has yet to mature.

look wise they have changed but still durability is a issue with them

My advice would be to get a Prado or even a Fortuner its basically a pickup chassis converted to a station...

16 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Hi, Behzad nice to see you the other day and it's good you join here to make use of car knowledgebase.

To start, can you be more specific on your wife SUV requirements like 5/7 seater, school run, long drive, weekend driver, mall cruiser etc. to get you appropriate advise.

Although I don't have anything against SantaFe, it's parts and maintenance is equally expensive as Japanese SUV so be open to all Japanese brands too for better resale. One of my friend wife drives the same for work and I know the expensive parts and service story.

Hi Gaurav, 

Hope you are doing fine. 
Thanks for your feedback and nice to see you too. 
My wife has a Honda CRV now and we would like to change it due to ages. We were satisfy with this car in terms of driving, comfortably and other major parameters a basic SUV needed. The spare parts was a little bit expensive comparing with other cars which I believe is Honda Policy. 

We are looking for another SUV almost on the same level of CRV or a little more but preferably 5 seater however 7 seater is also fine if the car is good and reasonable price to pay. 
Thanks again for your help.

Best Regards
Behzad 

10 hours ago, shadow79 said:

See breakdown do happen to almost all cars if you dont take good care of it...but still Korean technology has yet to mature.

look wise they have changed but still durability is a issue with them

My advice would be to get a Prado or even a Fortuner its basically a pickup chassis converted to a station...

Greetings, 

Many thanks for your feedback and notes.

Knowing your liking and owning of CRV, I would highly advise the RAV4, it's a Toyota piece of gold, that holds the best resale among the whole lineup of Toyota and damn reliable and proven.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Knowing your liking and owning of CRV, I would highly advise the RAV4, it's a Toyota piece of gold, that holds the best resale among the whole lineup of Toyota and damn reliable and proven.

With many thanks Gaurav for your feedback. 
What do you think if we go for higher SUV level? 
Do you recommend Ford Edge, any Chevrolet/GMC models or something like those cars? 

Best Regards
Behzad

they are good lavish cars but little on the gas guzzling side if you can afford it then go ahead they are loaded with features which can compete with any japanese cars...if you think economy with luxury then think japanese..