•  
Advertise here

Mitsubishi Pajero buying advise

9 hours ago, shadow79 said:

Searching for parts is troublesome and sometimes you won't even get it from the dealers....

NOT TRUE AT ALL.

I'm having one since last 7 years, and never encountered the time when Habtoor doesn't have any parts for Pajero. First it's a Mitsubishi - third most famous brand in UAE. Second it's Pajero - flagship marquee of Mitsubishi.

@shadow79 How many Pajero you owned? Or just saying based on some random guy story, who couldn't afford Pajero spare parts and sold the car in covering up with this story of non-availability.

I highly agree that Mitsubishi parts are damn expensive, but they also last FOREVER that makes them worth the extra cost.

• Confused (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 minutes ago, rahulsamuel said:

Gaurav, I hope so! I still have time to change my decision if parts are an issue. 

Feel free to change or not, but not on parts availability theory. That's not true. Period.

• Confused (0) 1

@Gaurav bhai i don't need to own a mitsubishi to understand its pain...i run a workshop where 98% of the time the i go for the parts

i agree the cars are strong but what's the use if its gonna sit at a workshop for days to months

the only mitsubishi whose parts are easily available but are also expensive as compared to its counterparts like a corolla or sunny are lancers as almost all the models have the same parts apart from cosmetic things like headlights taillights and hoods doors 

1, a customer had a galant 93 and the other had a 04 whenever they used to come their cars would sit in the garage sometimes for weeks until i could source parts for it

2, a customer had pajero like 87 or 88 i searched whole shj and uaq then found only two shops running monopoly over the parts

3, a customer had a 01 pajero only 3 shops had that throttle body but no one was ready to give they were like then who will buy the engine if i open and give you the throttle (does that mean i have to buy the engine for a throttle body)

4,a customer had a galloper its basically the same engine as pajero i needed a distributor for it the car was at the shop for almost 1 month until i brought it online

5, a customer had a pajero also 90 something he himself went for the fuel tank searching couldn't find it then in the end we wielded fuel tank then the car was back on road

and @rahulsamuel bhai the parts sometimes takes time to source i have nothing against any brand of cars

my views expressed are based on running around scavenging for parts of many brands and models of cars 

just remember to take good care of car and the car will take good care of you...

Saleem, what you are referring to scrap parts experience of way too old and/or discontinued model like galant, galloper.

Read OP and Rahul don't mention new / old / ancient.

For any car brand all dealer parts are obliged to store parts until 10 years after its discontinued, so go to the dealer next time and save the hassle.

bhai its 04 he's talking about how long will it take it to be old and ancient i know that pajero also shares many parts with the newer cars but still sometimes you will face that one thing which you won't get anywhere near and have to source it through alternate channels...

I've never had issues getting Pajero parts. At one stage I was looking after maybe 10 different customers with Pajeros. If the parts weren't available, they were by lunch the next day. I've never had issues getting second hand parts either. I know a couple of guys who are very good and will take parts off engines for me. 

I will agree galant parts are hard to get but that's because hardly anyone drives them and the shops don't feel the need to stock parts. They just want to have fast moving stuff and make a quick buck. I had a VR4 Galant at home. 2.5 v6 twin turbo 4 wheel drive thing. There were only 2 in the whole country and mine was the only one on the road. Try getting parts for that! It ended up in a crusher after I lost patience with it. 

• Like (+1) 1