•  
Advertise here

Stars in user profile

Barry

On 9/28/2017 at 9:03 PM, Barry said:

I think it devalues new members who come on here and ask questions.

And this new member contributes to 70% of total members who only come and ask a question and then run away without even saying thanks to the contributor. Do you really like to advocate them?

Idea is to create and add value, even if someone is new or not well versed with car technical answers, that person can share new news, interesting finding, some tips and tricks etc. to gain rating provided they really like to contribute. Simply lurking whole day and adding one-liner meaningless post won't get the rating.

this simply means war...people should atleast put a rating if they find our answers usefull or gain any knowledge

face angery.jpg

Edited by shadow79
more info

I realized this long back and changed my signature accordingly. Since then, every day I'm getting at least 10-15 likes. My new learning is that every reader needs to be reminded every time for liking and thanking.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I'm not really bothered if I get likes or not. In fact, I've dropped half a star lol. I give advice where I can, if someone learns something or they can save a few dirhams, I know the karma will come back to me at some point. When the 1 like = 1 dirham was in place I would have been more concerned. To be honest, that was one of the biggest motivating factors when I signed up initially. I wasn't working at the time and the extra money for beer was handy. Now it's gone so meh, I just stay because I rarely get the chance to chat with like minded people in the real world. Even when I was working in a garage, the mechanics never really seemed to have any interest in cars other than fixing them so Carnity was a breath of fresh air. 

• Like (+1) 3