•  
Advertise here

I have Pajero 3.5 2014 Model, Full Tank used to generally give me 450 Kilometers till the Fuel Tank used to start empty indicator.Nowadays at only 350 Kms it comes to empty indicator starts,

I tried to put some fuel boosters available in the Petrol Stations, But cannot see any improvement, Can anyone advice , weather I require Engine Tune up, I have completed 138000 Kms,

Otherwise the Car is very good and excellent fuel efficeincy this started from this May. Would appreciate any inputs

6 minutes ago, Barry said:

Fuel boosters are a scam to make money for the fuel stations. 

Start with the basics. Has your driving style changed? Is your air filter clean? Are your spark plugs in good condition?

Driving style not Changed, But I am doing service from outside Garage, Because Mitsubishi has become expensive and each service they come up with changing something and at exorbitant prices,  Ok Good advice will change Spark Plugs , Filter etc, its time to change.

yes general tune up should be the answer like throttle clean plugs change and air filter change if there is a fuel filter then change that as well if you really wanna go that way then try bng it has effect to some extent others are snake oils...do you feel any type of unusual vibration at idle or only the milage drop ?

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 10:54 AM, Barry said:

Fuel boosters are a scam to make money for the fuel stations. 

Start with the basics. Has your driving style changed? Is your air filter clean? Are your spark plugs in good condition?

Great it worked, Just changed the Spark Plugs and the car is back to Normal, Will change the Air Filter and Fuel Tank Filter in next Oil Change, Thank you very much\

• Thanks (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, aditya72 said:

Great it worked, Just changed the Spark Plugs and the car is back to Normal, Will change the Air Filter and Fuel Tank Filter in next Oil Change, Thank you very much\

I don't think you ever need to change fuel filter unless some issue with the use of bad quality fuel like in some places in oman and saudi. If you were always in UAE, then not required to be honest.

• Confused (0) 1

While you might not need to change the petrol filter often due to blockages, it's best to change it every 50-60k due to degradation which will decrease fuel flow. On older vehicles with metal tanks, it should be changed more often. The tanks corrode internally and small flakes of rust can cause a lot of damage if they were to get to the injectors or carburetor. The gauze in the fuel pump will catch most of the larger stuff but some small pieces can get through.

Diesels are a different story and the fuel filter is generally a service item to be changed along with the oil filter. Especially in modern common rail systems with high pressure pumps, the smallest particle can wreck a pump causing a huge repair bill.

• Thanks (+1) 1