•  

Naqrah "The Little Liwa" - Desert Drive

Asif Hussain

WOW one more drive to Abu Dhabi desert.. Sweihan it is on the border of three cities: Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al Ain. With its big sand dunes and soft sands, it is a great place for masters in dune bashing to try their skills. A super spot for dune bashing in this area is NAQRAH also know as “Little Liwa” located deep in the Sweihan desert.

Winter is approaching and exploring to real LIWA is somewhere around the corner and Naqrah is a great spot to go before we attempt to go to Liwa.

When: 06 October 2017 
Meeting time: 6AM, convoy will move sharp at 6:15 AM
Where: Al Rashedi Restaurant Sweihan

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/FmSeZzVQx2k

Level of drive:  Fewbies - Intermediate - (depending on convoy)
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Morning drive from Sweihan to Naqrah Dunes and exit at Nahil Al Ain Road
What to bring along: Morning snacks, whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11 AM, 06 October 2017

Image result for naqrah dunes

Image result for naqrah desert

List of participants:

1. Asif Hussain - 050 699 0411
  2. Gaurav Khanna - 050 525 8706
  3. Srikumar - 055 956 7471
  4. Basil - 050 109 0183 (Tentative)
  6. Rahimdad - 050 674 9099

Please RSVP on below Event Calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

There is no Petrol Station at Meeting Point. So those who are coming from Dubai via E66 the last Petrol Station is this 
https://goo.gl/maps/dZDd6PgDhgq

If you are taking any other route please make sure you fill feul at nearst petrol station.

Naqhra "The Little Liwa" this was my first drive post and big thanks to @Gaurav who encouraged me to step forward and post this drive and to lead the convoy.

Friday "6th" morning I was the first one to reach at meeting point and after sometime everyone started turning @gaurav @saleem @srikumar and @rahimdad finally arrived. After having a cup of tea and sandwich we all left to our deflating point. After deflating as usual practice breafing began and it was my job. Gaurav Bhai & Rahim Bhai made me so comfortable that my fear to lead disappeared, after numbering the convey gaurav bhai was in second lead to correct me if i move wrong. We started our drive around 7.30 AM and we all enjoyed a lot and after playing around at Naqhra's tallest Dune by 10AM we were on the top of the dune which is around 250mtrs above sea level.

After a short break and picture taking we continued our drive, and here is the real story began, one of our vehicle got stuck while slide slopeing and we tried recovering which was not moving even an inch. After a moment we noticed one of the wheel was not turning and we found that right side tie rod was bend. Somehow we recovered the vehicle to flat surface and tried temporary solution to fix it which did not work. And finally we decided to leave the vehicle in the middle of the desert and come back next day with proper tools and parts.

Our drive continued next day it was Naqhra "Recovery Drive" all of us met at a decided point at late afternoon and reached to the spot on time and replaced the parts with the help of saleem's mechanical skills and we safely exited. This whole drive was our longest drive which is calculated roughly around 24hrs... Thanks to all for joining the drive and stayed till the end and special thanks to saleem.

Edited by Asif Hussain
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Big thanks to Asif Bhai for posting his first drive in such an interesting area that for first 3-4 hours we all had ear-to-ear smile on some most amazing set of dunes. This area needs to be explored lot more in the future. Asif bhai lead was so nice and tight that I almost felt that he has been leading desert drive since many years. With the precision of path and confident dunes crossing he demonstrated a true example of very responsible and confident leader.

However, World's best start turned into World's challenging ending when we couldn't repair the bent rack-end without proper tools and spare parts.This gave us enough time to bond with each other and demonstrate excellent teamwork, trust, and coordination while dealing with any problem. This also resulted in bonus Saturday drive that we all loved so much, by calling a recovery drive to fool our mind and families to get a second chance of going to desert in a row. lol.

Last but not least, we finally found out that those Pac-Man in google earth are grass growing commercial farm from Elite Agro farm and requires formal permission to enter into the private property. Maybe next drive we can plan the route around Pac-Man to enjoy lush green grass circles in the middle of a desert.

pac man.JPG

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The unfortunate break down was mine, but it made me realize how fortunate I am to have such fabulous friends with so much patience. It took time and energy at the hottest hours of the day, and without any hesitation everybody had just one goal....how they could help me out.

It was not easy but with some great cordination and great team work we got my Pathy out of danger and onto some flat ground. To find the tools part of the team drive through some treacherous dunes at the peak heat to source the tools. Returned to realize the tools were useless and we needed spare parts and more tools. With the sun setting we left my Pathy and ride out with Gaurav bhai who with a smile handed his trusted Pajero to me.

The next day Saleem helped me to source and buy the parts and got the tools ready. Under the w8atchful eye of Gaurav bhai and his immaculate planning we met up and headed in. Everybody was soon at work and Saleem bhai was at his best. Not only did he manage to replace the spare part, but also did his best tire alignment possible in the middle of the desert with a rope so that I could drive back with no issues.

Hats of to Asif bhai for an excellent trip, which was well led and enjoyed by all of us. Looking forward to more such fun drives and experiences.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/45-naqrah-the-little-liwa-6-oct-2017/

Above is mine few pictures

Looking for more from @Gaurav , @Rahimdad, @Srikumar and @ Saleeem

• Like (+1) 1

On 09/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, Gaurav said:

Big thanks to Asif Bhai for posting his first drive in such an interesting area that for first 3-4 hours we all had ear-to-ear smile on some most amazing set of dunes. This area needs to be explored lot more in the future. Asif bhai lead was so nice and tight that I almost felt that he has been leading desert drive since many years. With the precision of path and confident dunes crossing he demonstrated a true example of very responsible and confident leader.

However, World's best start turned into World's challenging ending when we couldn't repair the bent rack-end without proper tools and spare parts.This gave us enough time to bond with each other and demonstrate excellent teamwork, trust, and coordination while dealing with any problem. This also resulted in bonus Saturday drive that we all loved so much, by calling a recovery drive to fool our mind and families to get a second chance of going to desert in a row. lol.

Last but not least, we finally found out that those Pac-Man in google earth are grass growing commercial farm from Elite Agro farm and requires formal permission to enter into the private property. Maybe next drive we can plan the route around Pac-Man to enjoy lush green grass circles in the middle of a desert.

pac man.JPG

Thank you @Gaurav. The credit goes to you and @Rahimdad. I always try to follow your foot steps and i get to learn new things in every drive we go and you guys don't stop sharing your desert knowledge. Hats off to you guys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use