•  
Advertise here

Different Set of Tires

Hi 

What happen if we put 2 different set of tires front and back , 

Like 2 YOKOHAMA at Front and 2 Good Year at back ? does it make any difference or its OK as i have mixed advice on the same  

As far as i knw all 4 tires make difference but does above mentioned male any difference  

unless you are doing some crazy high performance races its fine as long as you carrying a good inflated spare and almost any xyz tyres will get you from A to B safely...

just be careful of mixing the different tyre wall heights as those are going to report different tyre speeds at different wheels triggering the vehicle stability controls..and also in some extreme cases put unnecessary stress on drivetrain components but some cares are designed to run on different size of tyres set on front and rear like lexus IS and GS models 

at one time i have driven with all 4 different tyre brands on the rav but the tyre numbers were same only the tyre pattern were different

so the conclusion is you can and no worries....:-D

As long as they are the same size and car not a fulltime 4x4 it should be alright. Techilnically it should not matter even if fulltime 4x4 but since I like err on the side of caution......

Running different brand of tires would also worry me as the weight of each tire company if different as per built quality and materials used even though they m8but be the same size.

there is a particular reason the tyres carry a number like 215/70/16 that is a standard then again mixing up any brand 215/70/16 should not be making any concern or slightest thing to worry....patterns will be different with the brand and or primary intension of use of the tyre but still if the numbers are same it should not make any significance...

they sure will do the work of rolling you out...:-D