As the weather is getting better, let's have an easy fewbie level drive from Lisalli fort to Qudra lake and end up with a relaxing get-together or bbq session if anyone like. The beauty of this area, the wide open dunes, and with the occasional sighting of wildlife like gazelles and oryx are all reasons to set your pulses racing. The plan would be to meet up at 2:00 pm as per the below link and then head out to have some awesome fun through terrain that will leave you wanting more, and we will end it with a good spot to sit around Qudra lake and have a BBQ session with chats about the drive, general talk and share some jokes.

When: 20 October 2017 at 2:00 pm
Where: First Emarat Petrol station on Dubai - Al Ain Road after Outlet Mall.
GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KD4Lath3cB42

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie
Plan: Drive followed by BBQ
What to bring along: Stuff for BBQ like grill, charcoal, lighter fluid and BBQ meat or chicken, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 8-9 pm

Please RSVP on below calendar:

• Like 2

i had a thought today that you will post lisalli to qudra lake drive and you did it.. 👍👍👍

I am inn Gaurav Bhai for drive.. and for BBQ session mostly no.. have some family commitments.

• Like 1

Good evening to all,,, Gaurav thank you for posting lovely drive in this weather, please count me for every thing driving and BBQ. See you all then.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for joining, and it was the most memorable drive for me after a very long time. As my wife and kiddo have joined, and they both kept encouraging me for high-speed dune bashing with their screams and excitement throughout the drive.

Everyone missed our dear Superman a lot including my son, who was looking for Rahimdad's car on every stuck and refusal.

We all started almost on time, and the weather is getting so much better that at 2:30 - 3:00 PM standing outside was almost pleasant unlike before. We straight head to Lisalli fort and entered through the small-medium technical range, played there for an hour while heading towards the Qudra side. After an hour we cut short the route through a track and headed to nice medium long dune range behind Qudra area and had the best of drive experience. With an amazing experience in convoy, we never stopped or had any major incident and kept playing on those amazing dunes with the spiral track by going up and down on every dune. Cutting almost all the ridge sideways for the real excitement and adrenaline, everyone drove just perfect in that terrain. As this area is famous for gazelles sighting, so I have spotted many gazelles and tried to chase few of them too for good photos and will see what I have got in my camera.

By 7 pm we have reached to the Qudra lake and found a nice clean spot next to the lake for setting our bbq and food session. By now everyone was very hungry and looking forward to a quick relaxing drink and some nice food. Thanks to Noor we had some amazing fresh hotdogs, sweet potatoes and marshmallows. Thanks to Saleem we had nice chilled green tea. We spend almost 2-3 hours there and enjoyed every bit of nice breeze and ambiance with awesome company and talks.

• Like 4

Good Evening Gaurav ,,, Thank you for an awesome drive and experiencing new dunes. Thanks to all and can not wait for more drives. 

And Gaurav .. regarding photos upload I am trying to upload some photos but same issue I am facing so I hope I will be able to upload these photos to share memories. thanks

wonderful drive my boy was all smiles and nice laddos thanks mr and mrs gaurav bhai for wonderful rightwala food and leftwala food also but rightwala was more tasty then leftwala and thanks noor for the hotdogs and white and pink thingys :-D:-D

and rahim bhai we had a few goodwala stucks and and you missed the laddos which i took all of it...:-D

now where we headed liwa next...? from thursday night itself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

nice chilled green tea

Good one :-D

Great report and seems I missed a good one. Had to give some time to the family departing on Sunday morning. Will be sure to join next week onwards.

good capture bhai

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gaurav
      After the last week Fewbie+ to Intermediate level, it's time to have a chilled out and relaxing desert drive in this hot and humid summer. This time we are changing the area to a different route to start from end of Awir and reach the Mahafiz area through desert. You got it right, that we will start from Dubai and end in Sharjah from a desert route enjoying all the dunes on our way.
      This area is filled with very broad dunes that are easy to climb and exit, perfect for any newbie to get the hang of desert driving with a pinch of dune bashing. If the convoy response is good we will play in the nearby area at a fewbie level to push the spirit and fun few notches, nothing extreme.
      Offroad lights are recommended for a night drive, but if you don't have you can still safely drive with your HIGH BEAM.
      When: 11 July 2019, Thursday
      Meeting time: 10 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 10:15 PM - "NO EXCEPTIONS"
      Where: ADNOC at Sharjah - Kalba Road
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/CjXEpdPqn3NZ7Y8j7
      Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE)
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 3 am and then break for snacks.
      What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 4:00 AM
      MUST READ: 
      Off Road Driving - Roles & Responsibilities Off road Driving Etiquette's Off-road Convoy Rules Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• By Gaurav
      Just like any other sport or hobby, off road driving too has it's own etiquette's. Often times these are not spoken out loud or mentioned in public to not to embarrass anyone.
      If you like to continue off road driving, you should know these basic offroad driving etiquette's and follow them.
      Pay 100% undivided attention to the instructions: Whether it's in briefing or on radio communication while recovering, give your 100% attention and if you cannot due to some incoming call or passenger distraction, ask them to repeat. Most of the instructions are given so that you can drive safely. If you still live in the mobile world or loud music or radio volume turned down, you will miss out on critical safety instruction that can end up breaking your 4x4 or bones, seriously.
        Follow the instruction PRECISELY: From as simple as deflate to 12-14 PSI, drive in HI gear, engage to LO as soon as you get stuck. These instructions have been given to YOU for YOUR safety and enhancing your offroad driving experience. If you deflate to 22 PSI instead of 12, you will have endless refusals, stucks and A/T Transmission & Engine will soon overheat. If you don't engage on LO as soon as you get stuck, you will lose the most critical surface area in which LO gear could have saved the day, rather than toiling in HI gear for first few minutes and making the stuck even more worst for your car.
        Acknowledge the message: Always acknowledge the radio messages as the reliability of radio communication is highly questionable.
        Step out and help: When you are stuck and someone is helping you, it's a BASIC MANNER to step out of your car and help the Marshal or senior member who is helping you. You can help them clearing the sand, fixing the rope or inspect the stuck or plan of recovery. Sitting inside a stuck vehicle and waiting is the worst and most offending thing to do. If someone is helping you to check tire pressure, then step out and observe, how to delate to precise PSI.

Disclaimer: In some 1% tricky angles or situation, if you have a doubt or difficulty to come out, ask the Marshal or senior member: If its safe for you to step out? Please don't assume and sit inside.
        Observe and learn: Every stuck and recovery has a lot to teach. Observe and learn from your stucks and discuss with Marshals how to not to get stuck again in a similar way. If you don't observe and learn you will end up doing the same mistakes over and over again. 
        Learn Vs Serve: All the knowledge and experience are there to help you learn offroading and not just to serve you. So that as soon as you learn, you start practising it and become more capable offroader and be able to help others in the future.
    • By Srikumar
      After the last few drives in terrains that had plenty of red sand, its time to change the game a bit and have a drive through the lovely white sand starting at Lisalli and ending Qudra lake. This area offers some nice medium range dunes that would offer plenty of opportunity for side slopping and ridge crossing. Also, if lucky we would be sighting gazelles and oryx the closer we get to Al Qudra. Once we reach Al Qudra, we can sit down for a nice chat around one of the lakes and have barbecue (if interested).
      When: 1 Feb 2019 at 1:30 pm. Convoy will move sharp at 1:45 pm. 
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/WCDCa7tHwxL2
      Level of drive: Fewbie  Newbie+ and Above. No absolute Newbies
      Plan: Drive followed by BBQ (if anyone is interested) 
      Approx drive finish time : 7 pm
      What to bring along: Snacks, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn. If anyone is interested in BBQ, then charcoal, wood, lighter fluid, meat / chicken.

Please RSVP the below calendar event

• By Srikumar
      After the last few drives in terrains that had plenty of red sand, its time to change the game a bit and have a drive through the lovely white sand starting at Lisalli and ending Al Qudra. This area offers some nice medium range dunes that would offer plenty of opportunity for side slopping and ridge crossing. Also, if lucky we would be sighting gazelles and oryx the closer we get to Al Qudra. Once we reach Al Qudra, we can sit down for a nice chat around one of the lakes and have barbecue (if interested).
      When: 1 Feb 2019 at 1:30 pm. Convoy will move sharp at 1:45 pm. 
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/WCDCa7tHwxL2
      Level of drive: Fewbie Newbie+ and Above. No Absolute Newbies
      Plan: Drive followed by BBQ (if anyone is interested) 
      Approx drive finish time : 7 pm
      What to bring along: Snacks, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn. If anyone is interested in BBQ, then charcoal, wood, lighter fluid, meat / chicken.

• By Rahimdad
      With the season in full swing and amazing cool weather it's time to have another absolute newbie or newbie level drive. All first timer absolute newbie will be given a proper introduction of sand off-roading before they start, from seasoned offroaders having over decades of UAE offroad experience. Idea is to make an absolute newbie comfortable with sand off-roading and in some of the most approachable set of sand dunes in Tawi Nizwa side. It's a perfect drive for people aspiring to start dune bashing or offroading in the sand as a new hobby and wish to explore the UAE offroad, natural beauty and unleash the hidden power of your 4x4 vehicle. For newbies, it's a perfect drive to learn more and advance to fewbie level and start enjoying more advance level drives as per your offroad grades. All experienced members are requested to join in helping newbies by imparting their off-road expertise.
      When: 18 Jan 2019
      Meeting time: 7:00 AM, and convoy will move sharply at 7:15 AM
      Where: Tawi Nizwa shops GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/KKBUhkQ2y382
      Level of drive: All are welcome
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance
      Plan: Easy drive from Tawi Nazwa to Pink rock and relax with snacks, bbq, drinks, and chat.
      What to bring along: Loads of snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 11 AM
      Please RSVP on below Calendar

Important Information

Terms of use