•  

Morning Drive from Bidayer

Srikumar

Lets plan a drive from Bidayer towards Pink Rock. The last time we were there we found some amazing rolling dunes, and look forward to some similar excitement. 

This area offers all level terrain in some easy to medium size rolling dunes, and we expect to finish at the pink rock area. This is an all level drive, fit for newbies and fewbies as well.

When: 3 Nov, 2017 Friday
Meeting time: 6:30 AM, convoy will move sharp at 6:45 AM
Where: Old Emarat Petrol Station at Lahbab R/A

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/gQd1UszDdSG2

Level of drive: Absolute Newbie - Newbie - Fewbie - Expert - Advance - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Morning drive from Bidayer to Pink rock
What to bring along: Morning snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:30 AM, 3 Nov 2017, Friday

big red.jpg

Please RSVP the calender

Edited by skumar83
  • Like (+1) 1

Nice choice Sri. Unfortunately, I have to miss this one due to my business trip. You guys have fun and be safe.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Waiting for @skumar83 trip report, here is my point of view. Met on time at the designated area, has a quick bite and we were off to the deflation point. After deflation and a quick word for the drivers brief we were off right on top of Big Red. Accompanied by my wife who felt that @skumar83 was a bit to adventurous with a scream every here and there, I felt proud that someone within 8 months and just 30 off drives could lead so well. Only in Carnity.

@baselsm83 also managed well and kept up with what turned out to be a quick thrilling ride to Pink Rocks. At this point my wife was like she liked roller coaster rides better because she knows they get over in 2 minutes. Being early I asked if they wanted to continue to Fossil Rocks and they were all game, so started a section of off-road journey which linked the 2 areas together. This clears the air on why we call it out sand box.

The second part was almost as enjoyable and we flew at good pace to reach the Fossil Rocks at a good time after rescuing a couple of vehicles on the way. The weather was beautiful as was the company.

All in all we had the flavour of 2 drives in a day with over 50 kilometers covered off-road. My kudos to the team who keeps learning and growing in experience and confidence. Thanks @skumar83 for a wonderful day out in our beloved place.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use