•  
Advertise here

Liwa Crossing - 1-2 Dec 2017

Mine is a 68 litre tank, and I get about 550 -600 km on road. Have never done a complete off-road drive with it, but I think a 20 litre extra can should be sufficient. Let me know what you recommend.

Edited by skumar83

Larger tyres mean more rubber and they are not exactly a weight to cause a fuel consumption increase. It might be that the width of the tyres are more which causes a high amount of resistance while starting. But at cruising speeds this should also not affect to such an extent

I feel it sounds a bit strange that there is such a huge difference.

Alright guys, let's cut it short on what bigger tires give better or worst fuel mileage OR move to another thread. Let's go with what owner really gets out of a full tank. PERIOD.

Things to check/fix/bring for each Liwa drivers.

Gaurav:

• Sand mats
  • Thuraya with working chip
  • Winch (if possible)
  • DC - AC inverter to charge radio during break

Asif:

• Get outdoor umbrella
  • Big straps and ratchets

Sri

• Fix your suspension

Noor

• Fix your winch (if you can)

Saleem

• Jack stand
  • Workshop Jack
  • OBD scan tool
  • Hammer, wrench spanner, and all other tools, wires, switches etc.
  • Race fuel (as much as you can accommodate, we will shift the load in other cars)

We will make whatsapp group for all drivers wives/family, to keep an update thru satphone of our progress. 

I seriously suggest that after doing the liwa crossing we sleep another night at Hameem and start back in morning. However, this is purely optional based on driver's strength and urgency to reach back home. I will start on 3 Dec morning, anyways to not to stress myself for 3+ hours back drive at night.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.