•  
Advertise here

MK2 Pajero Inclinometer hack

Just found a little hack which i wanted to share with you guys. As in most MK2 Pajero's the inclinometer in the middle of the dash is defective. I was able to fine a smaller standalone inclinometer on desertcart.ae which fits inside the existing unit. 

https://www.desertcart.ae/products/45721366-car-inclinometer-level-tilt-gauge-indicator-gradient-balancer-tool-for-off-road-vehicle-and-self-driving-travelling-supplies

I installed it today by removing the old inclino-ball, and putting the smaller ball inside. Everything works as it should again.

Seems a 54 aed solution is never a bad thing :) 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Congrats on your MK2 Pajero, it's really nice "last well designed" Pajero IMHO. I had 3 liters SWB (6G72) one before as my wife car and got totally impressed with its off-road prowess that I hunted the 3.5 SWB (6G74) and got settled with one since last 7 years. 

That's a nice hack for 54 aed, but in my car, it's working and I never look at that for any reason while I'm on offroad or on-road as I find it too sensitive and its always jumping up and down.

If I have a chance I'll fix the outside temperature gauge in center console, which was working until one electrician did some fingering and I realized it very late to complain. The second thing I like to fix in my center console is the compass or replace the original with something more digital one that can tell me direction in degrees than with needle as while offroading it's too hard to pay close attention to dial or needle.

Share some pictures of your beauty, as these MK2 Pajero has become extremely rare to find one in good working condition.

7 Mitsubishi Pajero.jpg

DSC09876.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_4399.jpg

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply. I was initially looking for a slightly younger Pajero but fell in love with this one the moment i saw it. And as the saying goes: The more you're under the car, the more you'll start to love it :)

The 6G72 engine had to be replaced 1 week after i bought it (one cylinder without compression), so that was an expense which was not really scheduled, but on the other hand it gave me the opportunity to have the mechanics go through all things and replace what looked shoddy or worn out. The car itself is in pretty good shape considering the age and the climate here. I have some future plans but ill try to keep the car original/elegant.

The first proper offroad drive was in Fossil Rock yesterday, ending of course by getting stuck but after unloading the passengers, i was able to get out of the nasty situation i got myself into (stopped on the top of a dune and almost tipped over). The selfmade scaffolding boards did the job.

I've read quite some interesting stuff on this forum yet, and i'd be happy to contribute where possible and hope i can shedule a 4x4 beginner drive with some likeminded people soon. Currently it's the wifey and kids who tag along and they seem to enjoy it, but we leave the dunebashing for the pro's out there :)

Apart from the Christmas tree my 4WD select system already was, this morning it jumped out of gear in 2H but i was able to continue my drive in 4H. After the fossil rock trip i cleaned and hosed the car last night and i'm afraid i shorted the solenoid. I measured the resistance and the first one is 46 ohms (OK) while the second one is OPEN (NOK). Any idea where i could order these ? Should i go straight to the Habtoor guys or is there a shop where they would have these on stock ? Please not Sharjah.. :) 

IMG_2184.JPG

For sure Habtoor is better bet if not willing to drive down to Sharjah, as these days habtoor also try to match agents pricing, just make sure you ask for a discount couple of times (at least 30-40%).

Join here and we regularly do newbie or absolute newbie drive every alternate weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

By the way, the outside temperature gauge seems to suffer from capacitors that wear out over time, which makes sense considering the age. Ebay.UK has quite some parts on it (look for Shogun). Not sure how easy they deliver to UAE, but i'm visiting my homecountry Belgium a few times per year, so sometimes i just place an order and get it delivered to Belgium and take it with me to UAE on my next trip back. Let me know if i can be of any assistance to somebody that needs some parts which are not too big or heavy.

Oh great, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to London soon within few days, appreciate if you can share the capacitor link so I can get it delivered and plus if you need something (not too big or heavy).

The capacitors are the small electronics things on the circuit board of the temp gauge. Below link gives a bit more information on how to replace them, but you’ll need to be handy with a soldering gun. The capacitors itself can be purchased in local electronic stores or hifi repair stores in Deira or others. I’ll try mine and keep you updated on the progress:

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116647

ebay sells complete dashboard units but those might be pretty expensive and could also probably have some flaws or issues. 

I’ll need to order a new tailgate door handle as mine broke last week and it’s temporarily fixed but far from professional.

Edited by Frederic Nuyttens