•  
Advertise here

2010 Chevrolet Malibu Review

The Malibu is Chevrolet’s primary contender in the mid-size family sedan market, where it competes with the likes of Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Nissan Altima.

The seventh generation Malibu was launched in the US in 2008 but took a long time coming to the Middle East – the 2010 Malibu only arrived at showrooms here in October 2009.

The front-wheel drive Malibu is one of the new generation Chevrolets and features sophisticated styling, modern technology and build quality unmatched by any other Chevy sedan except perhaps the new Cruze. An upright fascia is characterised by the split-grille with the Chevy badge placed on the horizontal strip.

The dashboard features a twin-cowl design and is decked in two-tone soft feel plastic with wood trimming. The sedan offers adequate interior space to set five and has a big enough boot too.

The 2010 Malibu is powered by a choice of two petrol engines; a 2.4-litre four-cylinder motor with 191bhp and a more powerful 3.6-litre V6 mill, which produces 278bhp. Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control.

The Malibu is available in three trim levels; 1LT, 2LT and LTZ. The 1LT comes only with a four-cylinder engine while the V6 motor is optional on the 2LT and standard with the LTZ. The top end LTZ comes loaded with features like 10-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels, heated power mirrors, dual chrome tipped exhaust pipes, premium audio system, power front seats and remote keyless entry and start. The basic safety kit is generous with six airbags and ABS as standard. The Malibu also boasts of a five-star NCAP crash test rating.

SOURCE: http://automiddleeast.com/2010-chevrolet-malibu/

• 2 years later...

Chevy Malibu has always been my choice.. I just bought my Malibu 2012 last month and I have completely no regrets about it..Ride is smooth quiet and comfortable. Overall fuel economy great. I would buy this same car again if something happened to it . And i recommend this model to others. Issues about the back seats being not too roomy is already being resolved. Mine was okay for me by the way.. Good thing that GM continues to make improvements with their models.