•  
Advertise here

Worst design flaws

Barry

What are the worst design flaws you have seen?

Here are a few,

Nissan X terra. Factory roof rack, brilliant. Factory sunroof, brilliant. Not being able to use the sunroof because the roof rack is in the way? What the heck?

Mercedes biodegradable wiring loom. Great idea in theory, saves all that plastic from going to landfill. In practice, hecking stupid idea. What if you like your old car and want to keep it but every time you go for a drive something short circuits?

Lifetime fluids. Sure, fantastic. It's not like the metal parts rubbing together in your gearbox will ever create swarf that will eventually jam up the valve block. Physics eh? What did that Newton guy know anyway.

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

• Like (+1) 3

Super hilarious find @Barry I was stunned by Xterra and Mercedes flaws. Seriously you don't expect this level of stupidity from A class car manufacturers.

BTW, lifetime gear oil and crap oil is a money pit and when you challenge any German or American car maker with that, they defend by saying that it's lifetime of the gearbox and not car. Very cleverly thought idea. Ideally without a gear oil change gearbox will die soon after 100K and the same gearbox can work flawlessly for 300K with proper schedule maintenance of changing oil every 40-50K. Dam commercialization.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Not only Pajero, majority of the plastic pigs nowadays have these low overhangs with designed which look ugly after the actually go off-road.

Another flaw for your model Paid to is the gear upshifting automatically in manual mode. Who ever thought of that and whatever reason they have for that.

BMW i drive

BL8oqD.jpg

First it is very hard to use. You have to turn your head from road to buttons for changing anything. Also while you are trying to push a button from console your arm is touching it and it is changing the music.

Edited by sertac

3 minutes ago, sertac said:

BMW i drive

oOEnB7.jpg

First it is very hard to use. You have to turn your head from road to buttons for changing anything. Also while you are trying to push a button from console your arm is touching it and it is changing the music.

I agree very much, as I just used this for rent a month back and it was a pain to shift while parking.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.