•  

Al Ain - Intermediate drive - 9 Feb 2018

Gaurav

It's time to explore an unexplored territory of Al Ain, near to Al Ain Airport that we have spotted while "Around the UAE in one-day" drive.

This area has medium to large size dunes. and seems very nice and appealing from the road. We will have plenty of opportunities to test our driving skills by climbing sideways, ridge riding, ridge cutting and to climb huge dunes to its peak and capture some stunning pictures.

This drive is meant for Intermediate level.

20180206_140807.jpg

When: 09 February 2018, Friday
Meeting time: 12:00 PM, convoy will move sharply at 12:45 PM
Where: Mosque near Al Ain Airport

Meeting point: Mosque: https://goo.gl/maps/AMPq283T5wS2

Deflation point: https://goo.gl/maps/pH3BrpSEMhF2  - 24.308554, 55.621123 - (15 min drive from meeting point)

Please fill up your fuel tank and have lunch prior to the meeting point.

Level of Drive: Fewbie - Intermediate - Expert - Advance
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Explore new territory
What to bring along: afternoon snacks, whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6 PM, 9th February 2018, Friday

RSVP the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

45 minutes ago, Asif Hussain said:

@Gaurav awesome post!!! this area looks amazing. But i am not sure that i can drive my truck in this level of dunes.. but i may join you all as a passenger...

Knowing your vehicle current limitation and timing restrictions, I kept it near abu Dhabi and that too afternoon drive.

I highly recommend you should join and drive too, we can always scale the drive to be run within first, second and third gear.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NOOR OMAR said:

Good Day to all .... After long time I really miss you all guys .. please count me in for this drive. I missed driving with you and enjoying the adventures. Can not wait to meet you all 

Glad to see you back Noor. We missed you and Basel a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Its been a long awaited area we wanted to discover. But started with the first challenge, Gaurav Bhai had to fly off for company work, but he made sure I had a few coordinates so I had an idea where to start and a few advises on how to tackle any situations which come our way. You can never be prepared enough, as soon as we reached Asiff Bhai broke the news that the area we were planning to explore is a military zone and guards don't even let birds fly in that area. So we had to go to plan D. Thanks to Asif bhai's earlier drives to Naqra dunes, we were headed to Sweihan.

It was a such a beautiful area that the first 15 minutes I just played on the dunes from one to the next, but with some guests in my car, they wanted me to take it easy. So the next half was halved in pace and everybody enjoyed and managed very well. But the very reason for one of my guests to vomit was the slowness of the pace as he had no time to be scared when we were at pace. This 12 kilometers for us lasted a good 35 kilometers. Upon reaching Naqra dunes it remined us of Big Red with so much crowd all rushing up and down.

At this point we decided we were going to head behind the Naqra dune where we settled in for some light snacks and drinks.At this point I would like to thank Sertac who made me realize that I had lost my LED bar. So with Asif Bhai and my car and Sree behind me we back tracked to find it lying on the track. This part I would like to thank the eagle eyes of Asif Bhai which spotted the LED bar. after the recovery we went back to the waiting party and exited on time to be on the road by 7pm.

What a team and what a day out, I must admit that getting the LED bar back was a big relief as it was gifted with a lot of love and heart by my brother. and he was the only reason this trip feels a little incomplete. With a promise to definitely return to the area with a lot more to discover and play, I bid you adieu.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use