•  
Advertise here

Warning: Owning, registering, insuring, or driving a Jeep implies knowledge of and intent to abide by the following rules, regulations, and guidelines. Failure to obey the letter or spirit of the rules may result in your being ignored by other Jeep owners as you sit along the side of the road next to your stalled vehicle in a blizzard surrounded by toyotas, Nissans, and Hyundais. 

jeepers-doing-the-jeep-wave-480x318.jpg.3acea7427e4e2c72c10614637dfdad8d.jpg

As i see Jeep wave is not popular in UAE. If i am seeing any other Jeep specially another Cherokee XJ i am giving wave or honk to say hi. Seems like most of people dont know the rules. I can understand if a brand new Grand Cherokee owner may not know about the rules(because for most of them this is just a SUV) but i think Wrangler and Cherokee XJ owners should know. For explaining the rules i want to write something. 

For the wave one of the important thing is hierarchy. You should know what is the point of your Jeep. Lower point will wave first the higher point Jeep. For this one;

• Model year of your Jeep
  • Is your Jeep stock daily or Off Road monster
  • Is your Jeep classic or nostalgic model

These are effecting your point. For calculating your point please find the link below;

Jeep Wave Calculator

For better explanation please watch the video below. 
Jeep Wave

jeep-wave-decal-its-all-about-the-wave.jpg.d03245833a1f46628517c607ce4c265e.jpg

Edited by sertac

Bikers! Meh, nobody cares about those crotch rocket people! :D

P.S: Don't think there were many on these motorized bicycle riders in the 40s-50s in the rural muddy back country where would usually find these mud pluggers toiling away, so pretty unlikely it was ripped off from there.

Edited by desertdude

51 minutes ago, skumar83 said:

i agree. Anything and everything that we see in modern day cars or their campaigns has originated only from Land Rover. ;-) :-D

Even being sarcastic. You are not totally wrong there. Not long ago if you wanted to see what would become standard in 4x4s a decade later you would look at the current Range Rover and the same can be said for the Mercedes S class for sedans. Both were decades ahead of their competition. It's only now manufacturers are almost head to head in innovation or not too far from the competition. 

58 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

BTW the Land Rover borrowed the 4x4 DNA from Jeep.

That is factually incorrect, the designer of the first land rover was inspired by the WWII willys jeep he had but wanted to make something better and of more practical use around the farm. He did not " borrow" any DNA from the willy