•  

Hatta Drive + Hatta Lake Kayaking

Jeh

2 hours ago, skumar83 said:

it's been more than a while since I have gone on a drive. So the wife is asking what's wrong. That's the sign that why are you at home on a Friday :-D

Welcome to the off-road bug. I and Rahimdad have this scenario for a long time.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Wow, been waiting for this. I am not so familiar with the wadi and mountains, good to have an expert in this witin the Carnity group. Thanks for posting such a wonderful outing @Jeh. I'm in and need full support.

Let me start by thanking @jeh for posting sosomething really different and ended up is one of the days to brag about for a lot of reasons.

It all started in the early morning hours and a good stretch of drive on road with some scenic mountains on the way in the early morning hours as the Sun tried to make its way up was such a visual treat. Upon reaching to wadi we had a quick driver brief, deflated and were on our way. We saw some more early risers on the way which gave a really good vibe. After all the camels and Gazals and Oryx we finally got to see a donkey which was different.As we drove through the wadi @Gaurav commentedvdo you remember this from last year Rahim bhai and I was like but that was a different place. Right towards the end I had to eat my words as it was the same wadi with a different entrance. On the way we came across a mountain where Du had its tower, it was a steep but easy climb to the top which gave us an awesome viewpoint. The drive, route chosen and company of some awesome people made it an amazing experience.

But it did not end here, as we continued to drive towards Barra the anticipation grew. We stopped on the way to inflate and kept on driving through some scenic mountains. As we reached the point we were greeted by the tallest painting on the wadi wall of the late HH Sheikh Zayed and the late HH Sheikh Rashid which made us stand up and salute the pioneers of this amazing place UAE. As we drove to the top of the dam wall another visual treat awaited us. The beautiful calm water in between the mountains and a lot of activities going on, mostly kayaking.

At this point I started to miss my family and it was too close to Friday prayer time. So bidding Jeh and his friends Adieu we headed to the Mosque just in time to offer my Friday prayers. After the Friday prayers and everyone missing the sands we headed to Maliha where we started a completely different track to attack the Fossil Rocks and found steps to climb it one step at a time. Unfortunately at one stage we had a burster radiator, but once again with good team effort we got the vehicle out on the road without ever having to start the engine.

We inflated our tires once again as we waited for the recovery truck to arrive and with snacks and drinks flowing time became irrelevant. Many thanks to Jeh once again for such a brilliant day out and this gives us an idea to make a family trip to use the kayaking to the maximum. Until next time I bid you farewell.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @Rahimdad for that summary and rest of the guys for joining. Although I know it wasn't as an adrenaline pushing drive as you guys usually have but am glad at least that you guys discovered some new place. 

Sorry to hear about the breakdown but as they say incidents such as these make great stories someday.. otherwise its just good ol routine life. 

Anyways more than the drive I am more excited to share the Kayaking experience. 

Standing in the queue waiting to buy the tickets I was having second thoughts whether ill be able to survive the scorching heat. 

But as soon as I hit the water in that Kayak all the stress and heat just magically disappeared. It's really hard to believe that even in that heat the water in that lake is freezing cold and the fun to paddle across the lake its more than one can imagine. ! 

The lake is huge and one can just paddle across or simply stretch there legs and relax in the floating waters. This place would be an awesome hangout in winters. I really regret not knowing about this activity area during the winters. 

None the less this was an awesome experience and everyone along with their family and kids should do this activity.

It's totally worth it. 

P.S. If someone is planning to go, it's better to reach there early around 8 am and on a Saturday to avoid the crowds. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Jeh it's not just the places visited or not being adrenaline packed, it was a journey to brag about. We thoroughly enjoyed the drive and the climb to the top of the Du tower. What a breath taking view. Thanks for the great post. Loved every moment including The company of your guests, they were fun to be with. Looking forward to more such drives.

Important Information

Terms of use