•  
Advertise here

Off-road advice for the first time

hello everyone,

hope you all are doing great! my JGC is 9months old and i can't wait to test it on the sands and also meet all you legends.

when is the next trip which i can tag along? i see there are no upcoming events but just asking to get an idea.

Apart from the default kit i got when i bought my jeep what are the essential things i should mandatorily have while offroading FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Benny Thomas

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Welcome @BENNY THOMAS to your place for everything to do with cars.

I am glad you are deciding to join us for your first taste of off-road driving. We will soon post an absolute newbie training which will help you understand the basics and know your Keep Grand Cherokee that much better. Is it the penta star V6 or the V8 version?

Be very cautious with the lower lip of your bumper, better to remove before you come and try to find out the fuse for your ABS and airbag. Better to remove those while off-roading.

Best to have a flag, radio and air compressor to start with. You will find more information here...

• Like (+1) 4

@Rahimdad gave you some excellent advice, but more importantly, you should always take your willingness to learn with you. Without that essential piece of equipment, the advice of experienced drivers isn't worth a damn. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 19/03/2018 at 10:40 AM, treks said:

@Rahimdad gave you some excellent advice, but more importantly, you should always take your willingness to learn with you. Without that essential piece of equipment, the advice of experienced drivers isn't worth a damn. 

Among the above items which are manadatorily required for a newbie fewbie trip? :D

• Like (+1) 1

While i do agree with @treks, the most mandatory requirements would be a shovel, two way radio, tow ropes, shackles and flag , front and rear tow hook points on your vehicle. You can get the air compressor, jacks, at a later date once you a regular to the offorad circuit. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@BENNY THOMAS There is a Newbie Drive posted on Mar 30th led by our Superman @Rahimdad. You can probably check the drive and enroll to have a first taste of the sand. Also, by posting some details of your vehicle you can get a better advice from him on what needs to be done to ensure that you have an enjoyable ride.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

My advice, there’s a lot of good advice offered here, heed it. Secondly dont get cocky. Start slow and work your way up. Lastly, it’s ok to get scared. Sometimes it’s better to go around than over but once you face your fears and build your confidence up, you’ll be ready to tackle anything whatever your car can handle. 

• Like (+1) 4