•  

Newbie fewbie drive Maliha 30 March

Rahimdad

It's time to have a relaxed newbie to feeble drive in our much-loved sandbox - Maliha - Fossil rock. Looking forward to an easy relaxing drive for everyone with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, hill climb, and ridge riding. Newbies and Fewbies will have great chance to see and learn the real fun that off-roading offers in a very safe and organized environment. Level May be changed upon convoy level.

When: 30 March 2018
Meeting time: 0630 am, convoy will move about 7 am
Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 11 am
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11 am

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again everyone and a very Happy Easter to those who celebrate. Now down to the trip report. I know waking up early morning is one of the most difficult things to do on a weekend, but for those who made it were treated to an awesome day out.

7 cars met at the Adnoc pump and sharp at 7 am we were moving on to the deflation point. It was nice cool breeze which kept us comfortable even as the sun came out. At the deflation point we had a concise briefing to make everyone aware about the etticacies of driving in the sands and our plans for the day. We had 2 absolute newbies in the group as @BENNY THOMAS and @Ren who adapted well. We started with some easy dunes with little dips and drops which was managed well by both. My backup saw @EmVarlet@sertac as the man between the 2 newbies, @skumar83 and @Gaurav as my fly sweep.

It was fun as we tried different scenarios and it was heartening to see everyone manage so well. We came to a tempting bowl and decided to play for a while as the newbies learned from the experienced to learn a thing or two. After the play time we headed to our breakfast stop which was peaceful, cleaned and a shade that was welcoming. We quickly setup the table and were soon enjoying the many treats that everybody managed.

After breakfast we packed up just as quickly as we had laid the table and were headed to our last leg the Fossil Rocks. On the way we had a couple of stucks and the sweep team managed the situations in a quick way. Soon we were all on top of Fossil Rocks and enjoying the amazing view. The real challenge was yet to come, we were going to descent from Fossil Rocks which for first timers instills fear and yet is something everybody should experience. Everyone followed the orders well and we were all down within no time with all smiles as 2 of us accomplished what seemed impossible.

It was now time to head out and inflate. Our deepest fear was the front lower lip of Jeep Grand Cherokee bumper, seeing it intact at the end was another sign of relief. As the Sun beat down and made it hot, we headed out, inflated and headed home. Once again thank you to all participants and well done to all. I loved the company of some of the most amazing people and looking forward to many more. Until next time I bid you all farewell.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use