•  
Advertise here

Force Gurkha, the desi G Wagen

Barry

Never heard of this vehicle before, maybe one for the vehicles not sold in UAE thread? Also didn't realize Force were a proper vehicle manufacturer but I had heard of the Force India F1 team.

Quick look at the specs and it isn't so impressive. I guess it's comparable to the similar Mahindra model but with slightly less power and better looks. Torque v HP ratio seems pretty respectable but as it's a diesel, it's to be expected. I imagine it would make a better tow car than dune basher. Still, a pretty cool looking 4x4.

4 cylinder common rail turbo diesel

2596 cc

85 hp @ 3200 rpm

230 nm @ 1400-2400 rpm

5 speed manual

Selectable 4x4 with hi low

Fully floating front axle, live rear axle

Discs on the front, drums on the rear

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

• Like (+1) 2

Instead of mimicking G Wagon, it resonates a lot with Defender styling and ZERO comfort feel.

On 07/04/2018 at 11:11 AM, Jeh said:

Not bad for a approx 60000AED price tag... 

I agree the price is a killer indeed for well built tough (hope so) 4x4x4 ROTFL

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Exterior dimensions

·         Overall Length X Width X Height (mm) - 3992 X 1820 X 2055

·         Wheel Base (mm) - 2400

·         Ground Clearance (mm) - 210

·         Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres) - 69

·         Turning radius (meters) - 5.8

Engine and transmission

·         Engine Name - BS IV, FM 2.6CR

·         Engine Type - 4 Cyl, Inline, TCIC Common Rail, Diesel Engine

·         Displacement (cc) - 2596

·         Max. Power in Kw (Ps@rpm) - 85 hp @ 3200 rpm

·         Max. Torque in Nm@rpm - 230 Nm @ 1400 - 2400 rpm

Transmission

·         Transmission TYPE -G 28 / 5 - Overdrive

·         Gears- 5 forward, 1 Reverse

·         Transfer case - Single Lever Selective 4x4 with High - Low Options

Axle Type

·         Front Axle - Axle Ratio 4.375 with Diff lock (Live independent)

·         Rear Axle - Axle Ratio 4.375 with Diff lock (Live Rigid)

Suspensions

·         Front - Independent with Coil Spring mounted on Struts, Gas Charged Hydraulic Telescopic Shock Absorbers & Anti Roll Bar

·         Rear - Multi Link with Pan Hard Rod and Coil Springs, Gas Charged Hydraulic Telescopic Shock Absorbers & Anti Roll Bar

Steering

·         Steering Type - Power Steering, Tubular Ladder Type, 5.8 m Turning Radius

Clutch

·         Clutch size and type - Single Plate, Dry Friction, Hydraulically Actuated

Brakes

·         Type - Dual Circuit Hydraulic Vacuum Assisted with auto wear adjuster & LCRV

·         Front - Disc

·         Rear - Drum

Tyres & Alloy Wheels

·         Tyres - 245 / 70R16

·         Alloys - 6.5J X 16

The Gurkha is a SUV manufactured by Force Motors, the manufacturer of Traveller minibuses and the Trax utility vehicle in India. The company is inflowing to the SUV section for the second time with its Force Gurkha. The company expects that it will offer tough competition to Mahindra Thar and further tough brands in its series. The original Gurkha was marketed to the Gurkha Army and was named after the Gurkhas. The original and second generation Gurkha are produced as two-door trucks with options of a removable hard or soft top.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry to say that but the only thing I didn't like in this is the name itself, as Gurkha name is often used for security guards and watchman for buildings, banks, school and offices.

Secondly, instead of touching some specific regiment or tribe name, they could have created something more generalized name like Defender, Cruiser, Warrior, Trail.....bla bla something.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gaurav said:

Sorry to say that but the only thing I didn't like in this is the name itself, as Gurkha name is often used for security guards and watchman for buildings, banks, school and offices.

Secondly, instead of touching some specific regiment or tribe name, they could have created something more generalized name like Defender, Cruiser, Warrior, Trail.....bla bla something.

@Gauravbhai its more related to Gurkha regiment of Indian Army 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sidshk said:

@Gauravbhai its more related to Gurkha regiment of Indian Army 

Of course, I understood that and lot more what's in reality than just in historical books.

With all due respect and honor of that name, now in present time (at least in Delhi) every building has a sleeping watchman named Gurkha 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurkha

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

For me personally, the Gurkha name attached to a vehicle stirs up feelings that it’s going to be tough as hell, a force to be reckoned with.

I know who the Gurkhas were. And they got screwed over for a long time. But it’s good to see them now starting to get the recognition they deserve. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Barry said:

For me personally, the Gurkha name attached to a vehicle stirs up feelings that it’s going to be tough as hell, a force to be reckoned with.

I know who the Gurkhas were. And they got screwed over for a long time. But it’s good to see them now starting to get the recognition they deserve. 

...even if it's only in the name of a vehicle, so let's hope the vehicle's reputation lives up to what the word "Gurkha"  represents.

And by the way, I think it's a crying shame that the word "Gurkha" has now come to be associated with useless security guards. 

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 2

Agreed, Ghurka to me atleast always invoked the image of a tribe of tough people who grew up in the harsh cold ans barren environment of the Himalayas and then out of those a select few were chosen by the British Army as a elite force.

To me its the other way around. Naming a puny 85hp diesel is not in keeping with Ghurkha name.

I think the Ghurka name becoming synonymous with a lazy watchman is due to poor nepali immigrants cashing in on the ghurka fame. Im sure in the past actual retired ghurkhas were sought after by the rich as their body and security guards. Because who could be better at that job than an actual Ghurka. Its like hiring a member of the SAS for security.

• Like (+1) 2