•  

Newbie drive - Pink Rock - 13 Apr 2018

Gaurav

Time to have an easy relaxed newbie drive from Tawi Nizwa to Pink rock area. It's a perfect drive for newbies or an absolute newbie to learn in best terrain that gradually transforms and offer plenty of opportunities to learn. In the end, you can enjoy the sunset at the picturesque sand dune for the best selfie.

When: 13 April 2018
Meeting time: 1400 PM,
 the convoy will move sharply at 1415 PM
Where: Tawi Nizwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/yYkFvPBzW3U2

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, train and enjoy until about 7 PM
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 7 PM

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Welcome back Noor, and welcome two newbies, looking forward to seeing you all.

Sri try to join in evening so that we can have night drive after this newbie fun and break time.

This newbie drive was truly filled with new surprises. We welcome two newbies - Faraz Ahmed with FJC and Faizan Ahmed with Xterra. Both were eager to learn, well prepared and ready to test their beast capabilities. As we entered our best sandbox for training, within few hours we have reached to the right side of Pink Rock in medium range dunes. Usually, this area is for 2nd or 3rd newbie drive, but the convoy response and two newbies kept me motivated to explore new boundaries.

The second surprise was to see Noor after a very long time and that too with a wedding ring in his finger. Congrats buddy.

The third was the Sertac holding on to sweep duties for the first time with very capable and controlled command. Good job.

As we reach the Pink Rock and played for a while and then all the cars crossed on to the other side to find a good spot for the break. Just before we could end the drive, both the newbie decided to test our recovery skills in very surprising stuck - next to each other and FJC rested fully on the front and back bumpers. That was a sight to be held, I hope someone can share the pic here for that historic stuck for winning a best stuck ever contest.

My pictures have been uploaded in the gallery, please share your clicks too in the same drive album.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/72-newbie-drive-pink-rock-13-apr-2018/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was my first experience which was great with the whole convoy. A special thanks to @Gaurav and @sertac for their help and advice during some very (VERY VERY) tricky situations. It was the right combination of learning with various challenges and fun along the way.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, EmVarlet said:

Wish I was here. I couldn’t make it unfortunately. Welcome @fa793 and @Faraz Ahmed...

We missed you too Emmanuel while fiddling with Xterra traction control and also shared your and Mike competitive story for off-roading vs fishing.

• Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use