•  
Advertise here

Engine Oil Change

sertac

Thanks Barry for putting out in nice words, what I was avoiding to say without having any technical knowledge but just based on end-user experience.

Second good point I also like to mention about the heat resistant is the main key for any engine oil to live or die in offroad extreme usage.

The third point of that debate of winter/summer month has too little as engine inside temperature is far above 150 degrees and I'm sure at 6k rpm during off-roading same engine oil must be cooking at 200+ degree. So with those temperature Synthetic oil stand a better chance of survival than the mineral blends. And also provide consistent lubrication to all engine part when under extreme stress.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks Barry for putting out in nice words, what I was avoiding to say without having any technical knowledge but just based on end-user experience.

Second good point I also like to mention about the heat resistant is the main key for any engine oil to live or die in offroad extreme usage.

The third point of that debate of winter/summer month has too little as engine inside temperature is far above 150 degrees and I'm sure at 6k rpm during off-roading same engine oil must be cooking at 200+ degree. So with those temperature Synthetic oil stand a better chance of survival than the mineral blends. And also provide consistent lubrication to all engine part when under extreme stress.

Yep, because all the molecules are the same size, which means that all the molecules in the oil share the load equally- which is not the case with even the best mineral oil. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thats true the stupid BMW V8 I have in my range rover runs hot like brick oven and mineral oil in it will be cooked to a crisp. Use to wonder why only strictly full synthetic oil is listed as a must for it.

Last time I buy anything with BMW, BMW engineering my ass!

Edited by desertdude

fully synthetic and semi-synthetic motor oil.

Apart from the price and synthetic/mineral content, whats the difference? like what does it do to the engine? 

On 4/30/2018 at 12:46 PM, hAwX said:

fully synthetic and semi-synthetic motor oil.

Apart from the price and synthetic/mineral content, whats the difference? like what does it do to the engine? 

LOL seriously man! After four pages of debate on this topic you ask this question! Start reading from page 1

• Haha (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, desertdude said:

RTFM

Probably the most eloquent response to a forum comment that I have seen for a long, long time...