•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that's scary especially the front towing cable snapped and could cause injury to people standing close to the vehicle and due to the slope the jeep went back in a haste and got out of steering control and turned turtle again.

• Like (+1) 6

The car was not in gear (seems it was in Neutral), which should have been as the it was on a slope.

Also the flipped vehicle should have been secured from the opposite side with a snatch rope which could have avoided this situation. 

• Like (+1) 7

People in tracksuits.... need we say more 🙄.

All kidding aside:

* Towing on such an inclined slope comes with big risks. Far too many people around and even one guy holding on to the tow cable= utter stupidity.

* Car was probably in neutral. In this case would have been better in P.

* A second tow rope could have been used to keep the car in its position. 

* doesn’t Wrangler have a button on the dashboard that automatically flips the car when pushed ? 😂

Just now, Srikumar said:

The car was not in gear (seems it was in Neutral), which should have been as the it was on a slope.

Also the flipped vehicle should have been secured from the opposite side with a snatch rope which could have avoided this situation. 

Hahaha you read my mind !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

doesn’t Wrangler have a button on the dashboard that automatically flips the car when pushed ? 😂

Actually that button is in the form of a sticker which says ' IF YOU CAN READ THIS, FLIP ME OVER' . Unfortunately it still is a manual operation and not an automatic one. 😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 6

5 hours ago, Srikumar said:

Actually that button is in the form of a sticker which says ' IF YOU CAN READ THIS, FLIP ME OVER' . Unfortunately it still is a manual operation and not an automatic one. 😂

Image result for if you can read this flip me over

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

I have opposite views on this I feel that the Reverse gear was engaged looking at the speed of the car which went with so much power. 

The slope doesn’t look too steep for the jeep to break the tiow rope and flip again with just in neutral gear. 

Just my views 

• Like (+1) 5

Of course everyone is right in their observation of not in Parking or in reverse, not securing car with another tow rope.

Here are my few observations:

• Actual tip over with winch was too fast
  • The winch is underrated to hold the weight (Maybe)
  • Winch cable hit the rock when under load resulting in a snap
  • No rope assist used while winching that could have injured someone
  • No people push required if winch fails all 3 people would have been injured

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 3
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you @Ren13, @Srikumar, @Frederic, @Javier M, @Mujtaba & @Gaurav for your observations. Everybody is right and deserves a round of applause. The main idea still remains to learn from others mistakes so that we do not repeat the same. Some recoveries require a little more time to think and discuss several ideas on how to proceed with the recovery. The decision should be unanimous and agreed by all after listening carefully to the details. Help and be a part as required by the senior members. Wishing everyone safe off roading.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use